The Villa Park problem

bose

I just hope we get the right AM. Whether he costs £1m or £10m really doesn't matter to me.

See i buy in to buying young up incoming hungry players and believe what we are doing is right.

However every rule has an exception and a quality ACM is it. Its the one position on the pitch where u get what u pay for. Even young ACM mids who show quality are costly.

We desperately need a AM for us to improve our home form. We don't have anyone that is able to link the play and create the chances at home.

we'll get an AM and have the very same problem. Nobody moves. That's why we can't create chances

I just hope we get the right AM. Whether he costs £1m or £10m really doesn't matter to me.

See i buy in to buying young up incoming hungry players and believe what we are doing is right.

However every rule has an exception and a quality ACM is it. Its the one position on the pitch where u get what u pay for. Even young ACM mids who show quality are costly.

Price doesn't necessarily equate to quality or how well they'll do at a club. There's no point in obsessing over prices and saying "we must buy somebody who costs more than X amount". What's important is how they impact the team.

There never seems to be players moving into space.

I think our pitch is too big, its very wide and we would do a lot better on a narrower pitch IMO. Our center midfield wouldn't have to cover so much space, which would maybe enable us to play with 2 CMs and give someone else a bit more freedom.

We actually have the widest pitch in the league as far as I know, which is odd considering how narrow we play at home.

I would replace the word "odd" with "criminal".

we play right into the opponents hands in every single game

I'm not blaming the fans, as what is served up is just dross occasion after occasion, but the atmosphere around Villa Park is sometimes really really defeatist. Our away fans are genuinely one of the best sets in the league, I just scratch my head as to why that can't be recreated in the league.

Get safe standing in ASAP and get Villa Park rocking (easier said than done when we play as badly as we did today). Going to VP would be far more justifiable at £20 a ticket than £30-£40. Considering how little impact gate receipts have on income in the modern game due to TV money etc, you'd think Randy would just put a well-publicised blanket £20 ticket price in place just to get bums on seats and improve the atmosphere. Guarantee that improving the atmosphere through this way would be in the long-run more beneficial to the club's coffers because we'd win more games with bigger, louder crowds behind us.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/away-fans/score-campaign-twentys-plenty-for-away-tickets/

This should be campaigned for both home and away. Gate receipts are virtually meaningless.

Put it into perspective: we play a home game every fortnight, Shay Given gets 100k a fortnight. Assuming that (with concessions) the club receives an average of £25 a game per fan, that's over 10% of our gate receipts' income going straight into our reserve goalkeeper's pocket. Then there's the rest...

Point is, reducing ticket prices substantially would in my opinion be massively in the interests not only of the fans of course, but also the club's achievements on the pitch and thus prize/TV money.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC
  • Like 1

Price doesn't necessarily equate to quality or how well they'll do at a club. There's no point in obsessing over prices and saying "we must buy somebody who costs more than X amount". What's important is how they impact the team.

I'd say price usually equates to quality hence the teams that spend the most usually finish higher then the teams that spend less.

Of course there are individual examples of cheap stars and expensive flops but when your budget is set at cheap gambles there's only so much you can do.

• Like 1

I'd say price usually equates to quality hence the teams that spend the most usually finish higher then the teams that spend less.

Of course there are individual examples of cheap stars and expensive flops but when your budget is set at cheap gambles there's only so much you can do.

"Usually" being the key word there.

I didn't even say we should look for an AM on the cheap, I just find the obsession with getting one for "at least" a certain amount a bit odd.

I didn't even say we should look for an AM on the cheap, I just find the obsession with getting one for "at least" a certain amount a bit odd.

Im not really specifying an exact amount, but making a point that if we are to get the ACM we need we will have to spend at least 9 or 10 mill because they are hard to come by and thats why they cost more than any other position.

I'm one of the biggest "Lambert \ Lerner" fans .. However , I sometimes don't get Lambert and how he thinks .. Yes he tries to make up his mistakes .. But many times he either gives his opponents much respect , or don't give them any ..

Playing at West Brom with that formation was a crime .. Ok we gifted the second goal .. And they only had few chances (We had more shots first half) .. But that formation won't have get us nothing .. I assumed Lambert wanted it to stay 0-0 till the last 15 mins then put Lowton or someone and wait for outcome ..

We need 433 at that time .. the least thing we needed was 4312 ! What's the point of Kozak and Benteke with no crosses ?! How would you get crosses if Tonev was in the middle ? How would someone like Sylla play as a winger ?!

Yet .. A formation like that with Lowton instead of Sylla would have been fantastic at home against Sunderland ..

West Brom are a decent team who have a good midfield with a good form .. While Sunderland aren't that good and aren't in a good form .. 

They'll close all area .. so we need to keep crossing to our big men !

Lambert was happy with the changes against West Brom (which is fair enough) .. But things don't work this way !

Against Southampton .. 

Sylla Westwood Delph ..

Sylla over KEA because they have Wanyama ..

And a front three which includes Gabby Benteke and one of Weimann Tonev Lowton Helenius or whoever !

Im not really specifying an exact amount, but making a point that if we are to get the ACM we need we will have to spend at least 9 or 10 mill because they are hard to come by and thats why they cost more than any other position.

How do you know we can't get the AM we need for less than that? Obviously I think we should perhaps push the boat out a little on this one but if we can get the AM we need for say £5m instead of 10 I don't see the problem with that.

How do you know we can't get the AM we need for less than that? Obviously I think we should perhaps push the boat out a little on this one but if we can get the AM we need for say £5m instead of 10 I don't see the problem with that.

From experience of watching the transfer market :). Put it to u this way, can u get a quality striker for 5 million. I doubt u can and IMO a quality ACM is harder to come by than a 5 mill striker.

Â