• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Benteke
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Tonev (for Al Ahmadi 71)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 71)
    • Kozák (for Benteke 85)

At least we didn't lose. Will probably still end the weekend 10th or 11th.

That's optimism right there. Not creating a chance against a poor team like Sunderland is unacceptable. It would have been a catastrophe if we had managed to lose.

Not saying it was acceptable but there's no harm in looking at the positives.

booed at the monitor after the game, we were that clueless, even with 5 minutes to go and kuzak on, no crosses into the box.

This is great, I sincerely hope you were just sitting there motionless saying 'booooo' at the monitor for a good few minutes.

It's as if lambert can't conceive conceding because we set up with an attacking front 3 and just sat back.

Benteke needs to be dropped for his own good and our good.

Bit of a waste of a cold afternoon.

A point and a clean sheet in a season in which we know we're not winning trophies or qualifying for Europe. One point closer to not being relegated.

I didn't know you still followed our results, Alex. ;)

The ref was absolutely awful.

We didn't have the best of performances, but that referee didn't even seem to grasp the concept of football

Its not the ref's fault that we're shit.

It's not that we have a limited budget that we're shit.

It's actually because we have a shite manager who has purchased shite players and we will continue to get performances like this until we get someone who will purchase players who know how to pass and move.

• Like 1

First twenty minutes Sunderland were absolutely bricking it and were there for the taking. Unfortunately we stopped pushing and allowed Sunderland to gain in confidence.

Can't break a team down, never looked like scoring.

Awful turgid performance. Benteke had his worst game by far in a villa shirt and should've been taken off earlier.

3 clean sheets out of our last 4 games and unbeaten in 4 games   :)   

In the not too distant future I'm sure it will all come together and we will hit top gear. Doesn't help when Benteke looks like a pub player and is offering nothing to us at the moment.

Edited by Bunnski

We can't afford to be carrying 3 out of form strikers. At least Gabby is creating chances and stretching the defence. EVERY time at home we look far more dangerous when we play two strikers with support from the wings.

Weimann's lack of ability on the ball is really telling.

Liked the look of Albrighton when he came on. 

It's actually because we have a shite manager who has purchased shite players

I don't know how anyone can actually believe this.

Because the football is dreadful?  Today was woeful, as bad as anything McLeish would have served up. 

It's actually because we have a shite manager who has purchased shite players

I don't know how anyone can actually believe this.

Because the football is dreadful?  Today was woeful, as bad as anything McLeish would have served up. 

Doesn't make him a shit manager, and the football hasn't always been dreadful.

• Like 1

Poor. We couldn't score against one of the worst teams in the league at the moment. I said before the game that I was worried that we'd throw it away and that's what we did. It doesn't really feel like we won a point at all. The clean sheet is a plus, and we can say "if you can't win it, just don't lose it" but we really should be beating teams like this. 

Benteke doesn't look like the same player from last season. I don't agree with people saying that he doesn't care, but something is wrong with him.

He doesn't feel he has to prove himself this season and that's the difference. What you are seeing is a player who believes he is there and has nothing to prove.

A spell in the reserves might cure that !

signing just one creative midfielder isn't going to solve much in terms of our shortcomings as he'll be targetted by teams. I thought our midfield were decent today. first half Delph and Westwood were very solid, but 48% possession at half time, at home, vs the bottom team is a disgrace. Also, if you have a front 3 who don't run the line, put the opposition under pressure then you may as well accept nullifying the opposition as hpur style of play. But at home that simply cannot be acceptable. Gabby was so much better second half. Benteke looks uninterested. If he's injured still play kozak or push either gabby or weimann in and play a winger. if not drop him. He isn't interested anymore. We look more solod defensively but that that comes from a settled back line which we never really had last season. Frankly though, by and large i really do not see much improvement on last season. In fact when you look at the end of season run we've gone backwards. We play awful football mostly. I just don't think that Villa and Scottish managers are good blend. despite it being St Andrews today and I'm having a few drams as is my family lineage ;)

Â