Trains

SouthBirminghamVilla

Train coming back is at 8.15 and gets you back into brum at 6 the following morning, be best staying in newcastle for the night I would of thought instead of that train journey back, trains going up a pretty frequent

No trains or metro from Newcastle to Sunderland on the day of the game. If you stayed in Newcastle it would be a pain. No buses either on New Years day running from Newcastle to Sunderland. Best bet would be to drive and stay over in Sunderland. I am sure hotel rooms on 02/01/14 would be easy to find.

• 2 weeks later...

Might be worth trying to get to get a train up the East coast (via York or Middlesbrough), and cut out Newcastle. It's ridiculous that there's no local public transport mind! I'll ask about and see if anyone has any info.

Spot on Rugeley, I'd have gone but driving hungover is too risky, the OB are out to nail innocent civilians again as they've prioritised motorists again this year rather than dealing with real crime. It seems public transport is non existent for this one and I can't face 9 hours on a coach.

• 2 weeks later...
Â