Ashes Cricket 2013

villarule123

I bought the first Ashes game and got platinum trophy on it, it was good but a little unpolished. A bit annoying that only England and Australia were the licensed teams.

Those American dudes are obviously taking the piss ^ but I imagine it would be no different if I picked up a baseball, nhl, nfl game and tried playing it without knowing the rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Don Bradman Cricket 2014 looks superb though. 

Yep, it looks much more polished. Hopefully it's out before too long.

The key feature for me is the career mode where you get to take your own created player from club level to international level. Cricket as a sport is perfect for a be-a-pro type mode.

Legend or no it seems strange to name a video game after a dead bloke who last played the game 70 odd years ago.

It's just the greatest player of all time.

It's no different from someone releasing a game called Michael Jordan Basketball or Wayne Gretzky Hockey. There were a few Colin McRae Rally games released after his death IIRC.

Also they don't have any official licences so probably couldn't use any current players, so grabbed the Bradman licence.

it's a Pro Evo Soccer style setup where you can edit and create players and teams and they've already released a player and team editor, so I imagine you'll be able to download updated and correct squads for all teams by the time you get the game home from the shops :)

Demo is out.

http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/don-bradman-cricket-14-forum/don-bradman-cricket-academy-v0-9994-beta-available-87105.html

You need to use a controller with 2 joysticks, I plugged my PS3 controller in then used this http://www.motioninjoy.com/download to get it working and it's great.

It's only net batting at this stage, but it's **** awesome, especially if you crank the difficulty up and it doesn't baby you by helping your footwork. You use your left stick for footwork and your right stick for shotmaking, with triggers being utilised for power and defence etc.

Â