Uncharted (series)

villarule123

3 hours ago, Ginko said:

Or compared to any of the plethora of FPS games on the market, or even other 3rd person shooters like Gears of War for example.

As hogso said, you don't like any of the gameplay which is fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion of course, but you can hardly say it's not varied.

I can, because I don't think it is varied.  It's incredibly repetitive, and all of the levels feel almost exactly the same.  The climbing in particular is dire.  You HAVE to get from point A to point B, and there's only one way to do it, so it's pointless and unrewarding.  The only minor challenge is to time the odd rope swing or slide jump.  It does look gorgeous, and the voice acting is phenomenal, but everything is really limited.  But I'm even starting to bore myself now, so will leave it there.  Each to their own, and all that.

I think there's a very obvious xbone exclusive you have to compare it to...

And personally I think uncharted blows Tomb Raider out of the water, TR is a very good game, some pretty similar gameplay elements, more of an open arena, similar enemy and weapon set up, better set pieces, there's a arc for your character in terms of collecting stuff and upgrading but in my honest opinion the growth of your character is slim, if you didn't bother upgrading anything you'd miss out on some cool finishing moves etc but it wouldn't bother you that much, there's an element of unlocking things which enables you to back track and unlock new areas but that again IMO is adding longevity and replayability rather than a key component to the game, graphically uncharted is better and contains the jaw dropping scale that TR doesn't, story it's uncharted, voice acting personally I thought the woman playing Lara really lets the game down, she's dreadful

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Risso said:

I can, because I don't think it is varied.  It's incredibly repetitive, and all of the levels feel almost exactly the same.  The climbing in particular is dire.  You HAVE to get from point A to point B, and there's only one way to do it, so it's pointless and unrewarding.  The only minor challenge is to time the odd rope swing or slide jump.  It does look gorgeous, and the voice acting is phenomenal, but everything is really limited.  But I'm even starting to bore myself now, so will leave it there.  Each to their own, and all that.

Yup, each to their own and I don't want to keep making the same points but after this last message you bring up an interesting point, that being linearity.

It's clearly personal preference. I quite like the fact there's only one path from A to B (though there were some routes with multiple options to an extent, I seem to remember) because it's essentially a puzzle set out for you. Yes, the routes aren't that hard to figure out to a somewhat seasoned gamer, it's second nature to many of us to notice the path and make it look seamless and easy. I'd argue with the climbing that if there were a lot of different ways to get from A to B it'd be even more boring because creating a puzzle with numerous correct answers means you can't make it too detailed.

Anyway, agree to disagree I suppose.

Such a bad video!

Have 2 miserable bastards play a game that judging by what they do play neither of them like or are very good at moan about absolutely everything and edit it to make it look exactly like the complaints that you've got

• Like 1

On 9 June 2016 at 17:35, villa4europe said:

Such a bad video!

Have 2 miserable bastards play a game that judging by what they do play neither of them like or are very good at moan about absolutely everything and edit it to make it look exactly like the complaints that you've got

Or....they're absolutely spot on!  It's an extremely dull game, that in parts looks amazing, but is no fun to play WHATSOEVER.  

• Like 1

Â