Uncharted (series)

villarule123

Intended to play the first couple of chapters last night and finally managed to pull myself away at chapter 6. It's beautiful and the story, voice acting and pacing are fantastic.

I'm off for the rest of the week as of 5pm today. Can't wait to get back on it. After that I'll probably play the Nathan Drake Collection as it's been a while since I played the last few games.

**** love Naughty Dog.

• Like 1

I haven't noticed the long cutscenes. I know they're there but they're so well done and acted that I don't care. They just add to the cinematic feel of the game and draw me in.

Played for a good four hours today, very rare that I put such time into a game in one sitting anymore. This really is something special.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I don't do this, but I'll make an exception on this occasion...

6 hours ago, Ginko said:

Played for a good four hours today, very rare that I put such time into a game in one sitting anymore. This really is something special.

Yes_this_point_up.gif

I just want to play it and play it and play it. Luckily I get to do just that tomorrow, no work! Just finished Madagascar, the whole thing was **** awesome. Really showed off every aspect of the game brilliantly. The last fight took a few attempts though, armoured shotgun buggers...

6 hours ago, hogso said:

The last fight took a few attempts though, armoured shotgun buggers...

Spoiler

i went to higher ground, around to the right iirc, one of the non armoured baddies dropped a grenade launcher, smashed the rest of them

To the folks who are playing it, how does this compare so far to 2 and 3?

I enjoyed 2 a lot, and finished it but I found 3 a little bit of a chore and only got about 20% of the way through.

I'm assuming the first few chapters are purely for training and setting the scene. The graphics are amazing but I turned it off after an hour last night and went back to MGS.

51 minutes ago, villa4europe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

i went to higher ground, around to the right iirc, one of the non armoured baddies dropped a grenade launcher, smashed the rest of them

What difficulty you on? I believe it can change the amount and type of enemies that appear. The grenade launcher dude didn't turn up til the last wave for me. 

50 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

To the folks who are playing it, how does this compare so far to 2 and 3?

I enjoyed 2 a lot, and finished it but I found 3 a little bit of a chore and only got about 20% of the way through.

It's absolutely excellent, and is the best Uncharted game, in short. 

To expand on that though, it does suffer from the problems of the previous games - have some down time, explore a location, solve a puzzle, bad guys find you, kill them, follow clue, explore, find bad guys, kill them, ad infinitum. The linearity has been gotten around somewhat, there's some huge areas to explore, and the vehicle sections are mostly fun. If you liked 2 you'd love this. 

• Like 1

Yup, agree with hogso (though we are the same person barring our differences of opinion on QTEs and Berserk).

Definitely the best Uncharted yet. Plus, Pirates! 

• Like 1

On 11 May 2016 at 23:22, dubbs said:

Think I'm on chapter 7 atm. Glorious game so far. Not one fault found.

I'm on Chapter 7 too, and had hoped to be enjoying it more than I am.  Weedy and repetitive gunplay, and annoying climbing mechanics.  I think the last Tomb Raider was much better than this.  It's definitely not a 10 out of 10 so far.

Â