Uncharted (series)

villarule123

Uncharted 2 is an unbelievable game. 3 is excellent. Heck, even the first one is very very good.

Golden Abyss on the Vita is brilliant as well, equally as good as its PS3 family.

Might have to pick one up next year when I finally get a PS4. Something to look forward to.

From the games I played this gen, The Last of Us is right up there as probably the best. The story, the world building, the writing and characters - just unbelievable. One of the few games that really left an impression on me.

I think the praise it gets is fully justified, although I can understand why some people would get put off by the setting and mood. For what it was trying to accomplish, I think it is definitely a masterpiece.

Also loved the Uncharted series but for different reasons. Just really good fun and a rollicking adventure. 

Can't wait for Naughty Dog's next game.

Edited by Ghost

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Timed the resurrection of this thread right...

For some reason I think there's a closed multiplayer beta this weekend 

There was an open Beta last weekend so I wouldn't of thought there's a closed one now. They usually come before to open ones.

• 1 month later...

I've been following Digital Foundry since the days when it was a blog before Eurogamer picked it up and I don't think they have ever released an analysis as gushing at this one.  The game looks like a landmark title from a technical point of view, it seems that they do a ton of stuff in Uncharted 4 without 'cheating' that other games simply have never managed before.   This video is not a review, it contains some environmental spoilers (ie, you see a couple of big set piece moments) but it points out a ton of stuff you'd probably not notice if they hadn't mentioned it but will really appreciate once you are made aware of it.  

Really looking forwards to getting stuck in to it.  

This has come dangerously close to making me break my "no pre-orders" rule. I'll wait until it's in the hands of customers, but I'm excited, this might be my weekend sorted.

Yes. It's Indiana Jones with more murder basically.  Nathan Drake is an explorer, he's a bit of a loveable rogue who likes gold, girls and killing fools. 

You should anyway.   Uncharted 1 was great for the time, it's probably aged badly as a lot of it's appeal were the graphics.  Uncharted 2 is one of my favourite games of last gen.  I never actually completed Uncharted 3, made it about half way through the campaign before getting distracted by something else.   I guess there will be references to the previous games in Uncharted 4, they've did that in 2 & 3, and the central cast of characters is pretty consistent so there will probably be some stuff you miss if you go in blind but none of it will be essential.  That said: 

You can find out why Sully is a cool guy in about fifteen minutes here if you want. 

• Like 1

Yeah, definitely at least check out the videos. There are games with better gunplay, better puzzles. The graphics are probably unmatched on console, but that's not much to keep you hooked for 10+ hours IMO. If you don't care about the story, I'm not sure how appealing the game will be, tbh the game is basically an on rails shooter with pretty scenery and cool characters..

I'm sure the plot will be fairly self contained, but with it being ND's goodbye to Nathan Drake, playing the first ones is a good idea. As The Rev says, they're good games in their own right, and they're pretty short, I ran through them in 2-3 days, but I have no life. :P 

gamespot's review said it was a "new watermark for storytelling in games"

basically gushed over it, gave it a 10, sounds like the took all the positives from TLoU and paired them up with all the positives from the previous games and smashed it out the park

Â