The Persona Series

hogso

• 3 months later...

Massive new trailer! Loads of gameplay, it looks exactly how you'd hope it would - the social stuff, dungeons, battles, bosses and cutscenes all look great. It's got a release date of 15/09/16 in JP.

Atlus have confirmed it will be at E3 in some capacity, hopefully it'll be some English language trailer stuff, or maybe even a US/EU release date.

Edited by hogso

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In terrific news it has been confirmed by Atlus that the game will be published by Deep Silver and will enjoy a simulataneous release here and in the US - on Valentine's Day 2017 :wub:

Not only that, but an £80 collector's edition has been announced. Take a look at this bad boy.

Persona%205%20Premium%20Edition%20RP%20g

**** yes! Morgana plush will sit proudly next to my Mr Drippy plush from the Ni No Kuni collector's edition. Not available to order here yet, but when it is...

...for anyone curious it's now available to pre-order on Shop To. Which I have done :hooray:

Edited by hogso

• 2 months later...

Good man. I hope it sells well over here. It hasn't got too much competition in the release schedule (Nioh, For Honor and Sniper Elite 4 that month on PS4, there is potentially Horizon Zero Dawn three weeks later, some may prefer to wait for that if they have nothing new to play at the time I suppose), but I fear it may seem a little too exotic for the masses.

It's been out in Japan for a few weeks now, so there's plenty of gameplay to watch. I've seen quite a bit on Twitch and it's pretty much exactly what you'd hope. It's very much a PS3 game which is available on PS4, though, but given the massive developmental cycle that's not a surprise in the slightest. We'll probably get a bespoke PS4 Persona game (not counting spin offs ofc) in, what, 5 years if we're lucky?

Thankfully P5 will be massive and warrant many play throughs, so it should remain playable for the whole of that 5 years!

I've been watching the videos on Youtube, so excited. I've got my Persona 4 animation to watch today as well - and plan to watch P3, which I think is on Netflix.

But this game has got me really excited. People don't like Persona because of the amount of grinding, but for me that is why the game feels so good when you get to the end - because of the hard work!

Oh and the fantastically crafted storylines. P4 was my first go at a Persona game and it became one of my favourites. Cannot wait.

• Like 1

i dont think enough people know what it is, february is a horrible time to release a game too, Im surprised they didnt showcase it at one of the events but the reality is 3rd party developers pay for that privilege so we got more call of duty instead

it'll go the way of ni no kuni, great exclusive, great reviews, in lots of GOTY lists, played by hardly anyone

• Like 1

Ni No Kuni is a pretty good comparison, both it and P4 sold similarly - although it's a bit hard to find actual figures online as for P4 they're inclusive of both P4 and P4G, usually. Both shifted around 1.5 million units, but if you look at the top 100 selling games of 2013, when NNK was released, it isn't there. So it sounds like a lot, and as such I would suggest it was played by more people than 'hardly anyone' - but yeah, it didn't sell amazingly or anything.

Whether it sold better than expected is unclear, but it's getting a sequel, so perhaps that says it all.

What is definite is that P4/P4G sold much, much, better than P3/P3FES, and P5 has already shipped over half a million in Japan. So, if nothing else, Atlus will keep making them for their home market. They still don't have any offices in Europe at all, and Deep Silver are publishing P5 in NA and Europe, so the devs don't exactly seem to be in any rush to embrace the European market.

Edited by hogso

• 4 weeks later...

In a way, I'm kind of dreading it coming out. As I know it will utterly consume my life for weeks, as P3 and 4 did before it. 

You're right about the waiting a long time for this though. It'll be 7, yes, SEVEN years since the last proper, full, brand new Persona release. Well actually 6 years 11 months according to wiki but whatever. 

One of the few series of games, along with the likes of GTA and Elder Scrolls, that you know will 100% deliver on expectations. 

Edited by hogso

Reading between the lines, the April delay appears to be a localisation issue. A day one patch will provide a Japanese language option, which probably won't be necessary for most, Atlus have a decent track record with English VAs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hype for me died sometime ago. I'm not sure why. I think it's that the wait has just been too long.

I will play the shit out of it when I do get it though.

Â