What's the Worst Job You've Ever Had?

maqroll

A few all involving my grand dad.

Firstly when I was four he used make his own black & white pudding and drisheen. I was out the back "helping" but was playing a game in the fridge, he didn't see me and I was locked in there for about an hour.

Secondly, after he ended his pudding business, he bought a few cows, and every year we'd have to cover the silage with black bags and throw tyres up on it, these tyres were full of rain water and green slime and they'd splash all over you, as well as the rubber from the tyres destroying your hands.

Lastly, he rented a field near us, and there was a special type of flower that was in it that the cows could not eat so I'd to go all over the field uprooting these things, my back was killing me that night.

Worked for a temp agency in summers during uni times, so have had some shockers. 

Packing exotic mushrooms in a cold room for 12 hour shifts was the worst, being barked at by a bitter Polish lady (I didn't begrudge her, it was shit job). I lasted 3 days at that. Cold, boring and labourious. 

Working for an online gambling company was crap, we occasionally had to cold call selling gambling bonuses. I hated that so much. 

I've had a couple of awesome, shit jobs. Stripping car radiators for scrap metal to clear a warehouse. In principal this should have been a shit job, it was repetitive and very labourious, we had to do by hand and we all got RSI. I did with a group of my mates (I think there were 6 of us) and we left to the devices of a cynical old geezer who initially treated us with disdain and thought we were lazy students. We put some music on, had amazing banter, but worked our socks off. We cleared the warehouse 2 weeks before expected, got moved onto doing stock takes etc, and ended having a great rapport with our cynical boss. He absolutely loved us and we changed his opinion of students. They offered us all full time jobs but we had to go back to uni. 

I was tricked in to taking a job as a door to door chugger by a scumbag company that is apparently a nationwide pyramid scheme. They put up tonnes of ads on job sites with various rather generic job descriptions and you don't find out what you'll really be doing until they take you out to housing estates, ideally in areas where most of the residents are elderly and easily bullied. They even insist on taking you out there in their car to make it more difficult to leave. I lasted around 25 minutes before I told them to **** off and called a taxi.

If you're looking for work and see company names like Endeva, Eclipse, or 'The Cobra Group', run a mile, no matter how desperate you are.

Â