"Cool Britannia"

maqroll

Word Gets Around by the Stereophonics.

Never be another album like it.

Apart from what ever shit they followed it up with... Sorry I know I upset at least one person here. Stereophonics are at least in the running for the worst band ever though.

I quite liked Word gets around when it came out, but had a couple of mates that never stopped playing it, which ruined it for me.

There aren't many bands from that came out of that era that I have regularly listened to since, apart from SFA. Though I do go back in occasionally for albums & songs that I loved at the time.

Cast are playing in Bath in November so tempted to go see that.

95 I was 25, I was also a resolute indie kid. I bought a metric **** ton of Brit pop, none of it aside from different class or maybe his n hers has fared well. I am oasis free.

Do own a substantial amount of welsh indie though, a whole lot of ankst records stuff.

I loved the 90s (aged 16-26) - it was the end of Poodle rock, Grunge came along, Britpop was awesome and we also got the likes of Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, Prodigy all at their peak.

Saw so many bands, went to multiple festivals and hit my purple patch with the ladies (resulting in meeting my missus!)

(Sadly, it was also the era of the Spice Girls and boy bands.....)

Recently completed a 5 disc 90s compilation for a mates 40th - had a great voyage of nostalgia pulling it together!

Apart from what ever shit they followed it up with... Sorry I know I upset at least one person here. Stereophonics are at least in the running for the worst band ever though.

Probably the most boring rock band in history after Bon Jovi
  • Like 1

You both sadden me. Stereophonics are the epitome of bland pub rock. Just, for me, they are the best bland pub rock band in the world.

You both sadden me. Stereophonics are the epitome of bland pub rock. Just, for me, they are the best bland pub rock band in the world.

Sorry dude, I'd normally just of let it go. I try not to criticise other people's music taste, but I was bad pissed when I posted that.  

• Like 2

Sorry dude, I'd normally just of let it go. I try not to criticise other people's music taste, but I was bad pissed when I posted that.  

Your cruelty and offensiveness are that of a sleeping hamster.  :mellow:

Can I please just give an honourable mention for Stuart Cable, who at least wanted to be a good guy and rock n roller.

Ever present at any local charity thing that had beer and needed any minor celeb, he was sacked from the band for being interesting.

• Like 1

I met Stuart Cable in Aberystwyth. He was tiny but one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Great book as well.

Adam Zindani the guitarist is from brum and can be spotted in Pat Kavs or the Fighting Cocks, in Moseley.

But yeah, Stuart was a great bloke...we shared a pizza and a beer. Genuinely saddened when he passed.

• Like 1

I saw Stuart Cable at Villa Park once, he was having a pint in the boozer underneath the expressway. I think it was vs Fulham as I'm sure he was wearing a Fulham scarf.

Â