DOL potentially returning...to Scunthorpe!

Demitri_C

Have you not seen us much over the last three/four years then because you've missed some stinkers?

even the bradford games were not as bad as that game in my opinion

name a game worse than that doncaster against lower opposition?

3 nil at St.Andrews

Every Premier League teams fans consist of hundreds of thousands of individuals... to think that one set of fans are that much different from another is crazy... Villa however have the fickle stigma attached to them now because of this idiot even though we are no more fickle than any other club.

So, even though he isn't our worst manager ever, or even of recent times, I hope (know) you fail because you are a massive t.w.a.t.

• Like 1

i will never forgive that oaf for that doncaster performance worst i have ever seen

Have you not seen us much over the last three/four years then because you've missed some stinkers? ;)
Stinkers were better than Doncaster. That deserved a brand new word of its own.

Were you at Belle Vue that evening? I don't claim to have seen that performance in full, but I'd be interested to know how it can be the worst performance ever seen by a Villa fan given some of the crap we've endured since MON left.

3 nil at St.Andrews

We were in the same league then

Doncaster were in league one and they made us look like the league two side, we were absolutely shite that night, one of the worst displays i have ever seen from a villa side. We might have been battered by higher margains by premier league side-most better teams than us so thats kind of justified. but a defeat on that scale is unforgivable against a league one side

i will never forgive that oaf for that doncaster performance worst i have ever seen

Have you not seen us much over the last three/four years then because you've missed some stinkers? ;)
Stinkers were better than Doncaster. That deserved a brand new word of its own.

Were you at Belle Vue that evening? I don't claim to have seen that performance in full, but I'd be interested to know how it can be the worst performance ever seen by a Villa fan given some of the crap we've endured since MON left.

I was at BV that evening and also at both Bradford games. The Doncaster one was worse IMO.

Have you not seen us much over the last three/four years then because you've missed some stinkers?

Bradford was certainly worse as it was over two legs.

No it wasn't.

Maybe a worse result, but not a worse performance. That Doncaster game was absolutely horrendous.

At least against Bradford we showed an ounce of competence. No it wasn't enough, and no it is no excuse for what was a terrible performance.

But against Doncaster we could have played for a week and we wouldn't have scored a goal. It was men vs boys.

• Like 2

A memory stirs: wasn't there an open letter written by the players championed by Thomas Sørensen to get rid of him?

No, I think the letter was asking the board for assurance that there would be a decent level of investment in the team for the forthcoming season.(there was concern that Deadly had refused to sanction the purchase of Eric Bakke and was making immensely negative noises about further expenditure).

The rumour was that O'Leary had encouraged the writing of the letter.

After a"discussion" with the chairman, DOL left "by mutual consent" and, if I remember right, later trousered £2m in compo.

All the best to Scunthorpe with this appointment!  :ph34r:

I meant performance wise, against bradford we didnt play too bad we just were absolutely useless at defending back then. if we played them a month after when we were on fire im sure we would have battered us. they played as the right time

doncaster we were bloody awful in  every department

The over riding memory of that Doncaster game for me was it was cold, we turned up looking like we was going to stroll it and gave away a soft penalty after 20 minutes and then gave up after it was scored.

The over riding memory of the Bradford games will be the half dozen gilt edged chances missed before they scored on the first leg and Lambert panicking in the second leg.

Performance-wise, Millwall was actually worse then Bradford. That was one of the most clueless and pathetic displays I've ever seen. Other then the goal, the entire game consisted of us lumping it up to Weimann who was never going to win an aerial duel against Shittu. In fact, that must have been the easiest game of Shittu's career.

Bradford was the worst performance I've seen from a villa manager. Lost a lot of respect for Lambert. Not sure I'd he had things going on of the field but he just sat there with a face like a smacked arse.

I personally rank the Doncaster game as the worst game I've ever witnessed villa in.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

Â