Reflection - past three years

Dodgyknees

The last three years have been dire. The O'Neill disaster, the mess up over Houllier's appointment, the same miserable old git running us down all season, The Manager Who Shall Not Be Named, selling all our best players, getting humiliated last Christmas period, and now the turgid dull football of Lambert. A right load of old tat.

Harsh on lambert no?

The last three years have been dire. The O'Neill disaster, the mess up over Houllier's appointment, the same miserable old git running us down all season, The Manager Who Shall Not Be Named, selling all our best players, getting humiliated last Christmas period, and now the turgid dull football of Lambert. A right load of old tat.

Harsh on lambert no?
Not really

Harsh on lambert no?

How else would you describe the football played this season?

It's may be a bit dull at times but we've tightened up at the back (our shit defence was the main reason why we were humiliated last Christmas) and results have improved despite some really bad luck with injuries/illness.

• Like 2

Harsh on lambert no?
Not really

Guzan hoof towards tall guy, lose possession, chase and repeat...

No turgid seems about right

it feels like we are going backwards now aside from our defence, but i think if we start getting better luck with player form and injuries we could really push on. All the ingredients are there now for us to really start to look the part, trouble is as soon as Lambert has to come up with a plan B because thinks aren't working our for whatever reason we seem to quickly fall apart.

He seems to only see things working a certain way with certain players and if they aren't available it's hooof and hope time.

Edited by VillanousOne

it feels like we are going backwards now aside from our defence, but i think if we start getting better luck with player form and injuries we could really push on. All the ingredients are there now for us to really start to look the part, trouble is as soon as Lambert has to come up with a plan B because thinks aren't working our for whatever reason we seem to quickly fall apart.

He seems to only see things working a certain way with certain players and if they aren't available it's hooof and hope time.

Playing style? Maybe, but results wise we're going forwards, not backwards. Let's not forget that this time last year we were embroiled in a relegation fight whereas this season we've been floating around mid-table despite a horrendous set of opening fixtures and lots of injuries.

It has been pretty depressing, especially to watch certain players' contracts slowly running down until we can tell them all to bugger off for good. I predict the next 3 years will be better if Lambert stays.

He won't . I give him 18 months max.

based on what?

I can't believe how differently I view things at Villa to so many of you.

I find it hard to believe that we watch the same football matches.

Not that anyone gives a shit but I'm taking a 'sabbatical' from this site, I just cannot read some of this tripe anymore and stand back idly and if I reply with what I want to say I get a warning point so zero benefit for anyone me being present on here.

I'll leave you guys to all wind yourselves up into a frenzy over absolutely nothing, as per.

• Like 1

Not that anyone gives a shit but I'm taking a 'sabbatical' from this site, I just cannot read some of this tripe anymore and stand back idly and if I reply with what I want to say I get a warning point so zero benefit for anyone me being present on here.

I'll leave you guys to all wind yourselves up into a frenzy over absolutely nothing, as per.

And your view is?

You said it...

• Like 2

TTFN

What a bloody awful period in Villa's history, and the full blame has to be at the doors of the utterly incompetant bunch of clowns we have running the club. Houllier's disasterous appointment, the simply insane decision to bring in McLeish, and the first two-thirds of last season including the utter humiliation of being knocked out of a cup by a team in the fourth tier. Unquestionably the worst period of being a Villa fan that I can remember with some shocking lows and not many highs.

Things haven't really improved much, and I can't see Lambert sticking around if his hands continue to be tied by our absentee landlord, but I reckon we are over the worst of it now.

TTFN

It's also the same fans that werre moaning Lambert was poor defensively - never happy.

Last year we were gung ho and when it worked it was great but it left us too vulnerable.  this year we are a bit dull, but are a lot more solid at the expense of our attack.  All we need to hope for is now Lambert has tried and tested both method he can find the balance and we'll be fine.  Patience people!

• Like 4

TTFN

It's also the same fans that werre moaning Lambert was poor defensively - never happy.

Is it too much to ask that we don't veer from one extreme to the other?  We might be better defensively now, but our football is boring to watch and we're going down the Tony Pulis low possession, hoofball route.  We were poor for most of last season, and for some of this season we've improved slightly to be mediocre.  Nothing really to be "happy" about.  My worry with Lambert is that he plays a dull, limited very British style of football, and that even if he gets more money to spend, he'll just do the same but with better players.  A bit like O'Neill-lite.

• Like 1

It has been pretty depressing, especially to watch certain players' contracts slowly running down until we can tell them all to bugger off for good. I predict the next 3 years will be better if Lambert stays.

He won't . I give him 18 months max.

based on what?
Based on lambert needing to protect his career.

Â