Christmas... where be thee?

Dodgyknees

What are you doing for Christmas this year? Who are you with... where will you be and what is on your list?

Is 'with your mom' an acceptable answer in context?

Only if you're American

Or some uneducated Northerner... just to keep the peace.

I don't get the going to the boozer on Christmas day thing

When both my parents and my grandfather were still alive it was part of the tradition

My Dad would go to the Castle (at the end of the road)

My Grandad would go to the Bod (also at the end of the road)

I would go to the Glan (about a ten minute walk away)

Not one of us ever got back on time

One xmas all three of us were varying degrees of late and all four of us ate our xmas dinner at different times, my mother was uber pissed off that year.

To say that the menfolk of the family didn't give a rats ass for xmas was an understatement. We were rarely late the other 364 days of the year

• Like 1

I never used to go to the pub on Christmas Day, but in the last 4 years (since my parents have moved to a different town to me) it's become a bit of a tradition for a few regulars to go to the local on the night, and have a bit of a lock in. There's usually some free quaff on the go, and a buffet of left overs from everyone's lunches. The guitars come out and we have a bit of a sing song. It's bloody great. 

• Like 1

What are you doing for Christmas this year? Who are you with... where will you be and what is on your list?

Only if you're American

Oh, not this again. 

"Mom" is NOT northern - it's midlands/Brummie. 

• Like 1

When we owned a boozer Christmas day was almost like a game of two halves. At lunchtime the place was packed to the rafters with families, whole generations of kin in their Xmas finery. But the evening saw a familiar gathering of the singles, divorced and anti-christmasites, which was generally a pretty subdued, even morose affair. I used to hate opening on that particular day, much preferring to spend the day with my kids, but the regulars would have most likely commited suicide en masse!

Only if you're American

Oh, not this again. 

Yep, a lot of people call their mom, mam up here. 

Only if you're American

Oh, not this again. 

Midlands is North of where I live

Only if you're American

Oh, not this again. 

Midlands is North of where I live

All of you are North of where I live

Edited by legov

Not looking forward to Christmas this year. 2013 has been a bad year and we've had a family bereavement so Christmas will be more about reflection and thoughts of better times than a party. Roll on 2014.

I'm in a similar slightly more harsh situation. but I'm determined to salvage what I can......by leaving Florida........and visiting Birmingham......in December......Yuuuuup, it's gonna work out just fine :) I expect a lot of funny moments and a friggin Villa win.

Not looking forward to Christmas this year. 2013 has been a bad year and we've had a family bereavement so Christmas will be more about reflection and thoughts of better times than a party. Roll on 2014.

I'm in a similar slightly more harsh situation. but I'm determined to salvage what I can......by leaving Florida........and visiting Birmingham......in December......Yuuuuup, it's gonna work out just fine :) I expect a lot of funny moments and a friggin Villa win.

You'll get snow! No snow in Florida.

• Like 1

Â