England v Chile & England v Germany

andykeenan

England's defeat has to be down to the opponents brillant youth development set up and strength in depth of the squad. No wait, that will be next week when we play Germany. I think this shows that we have little depth and we need to wrap Gerrard and Cole (much as a dislike him) in cotton wool til June.

To be fair to Townsend what do you expect him to do.

stop a ball on the line then take on ten of there players before chipping there keeper from the half way line whilst singing "who do you think your kidding mr hitler" over the speakers.

I think Germany will play some youngsters, kruse, sam etc, we'll beat them and we'll be winning the world cup again

ITV studio making excuses already, why cant they just say that was a bit shit, easy to say that's better than beating nobodies 3-0 because we'll learn from it, when do we ever learn? the 4th / 5th best team in SA just played us off the park, why are they pussy footing around looking for positives rather than being realistic?

I think Germany will play some youngsters, kruse, sam etc, we'll beat them and we'll be winning the world cup again

ITV studio making excuses already, why cant they just say that was a bit shit, easy to say that's better than beating nobodies 3-0 because we'll learn from it, when do we ever learn? the 4th / 5th best team in SA just played us off the park, why are they pussy footing around looking for positives rather than being realistic?

Because they want the In-ger-land supporter to carry on blinding watching the football, convinced that roy and his boys will repeat 1966 and win the world cup. And so they get better ratings and Carlsberg and Mcdonalds pay them money to show adverts. Ignorance is strength. Repeat until fade.....

What tonight showed is that Chile are far superior to majority of teams in the European qualification and that South America fully deserves it's 5 automatic places (plus Brazil as hosts).

England will do well to get out of the group stage next year. Chile came and outplayed them in English conditions, next time that will be in South American conditions. I think people are underestimate how much of an advantage that will be for South American teams. I really can't see a European team winning it.

What tonight showed is that Chile are far superior to majority of teams in the European qualification and that South America fully deserves it's 5 automatic places (plus Brazil as hosts).

England will do well to get out of the group stage next year. Chile came and outplayed them in English conditions, next time that will be in South American conditions. I think people are underestimate how much of an advantage that will be for South American teams. I really can't see a European team winning it.

Hardly a full strength England side and Spain are hardly playing in Siberia, they'll be ok with the conditions I think.

Â