players - best and worst business we have done

Jimzk5

I think Nilis would have been one of the best if it hadn't been for THAT injury.

Sad day, that. Man he looked promising

Wasn't he 33 though when we bought him?  I agree, looked a class act, and people like van Horseface rated him very highly, but how long he'd have lasted in the Premier League, I don't know.  What a goal he scored though.

Interesting to see Stephen Ireland as so many people's worst buys, the same Stephen Ireland who won VillaTalk's Player of the Year award!

Doesn't mean he deserved it. He mainly won it because he was the only player that showed an ounce of flair in a hideously negative McLeish team. Even then - he wasn't the best player that season.

He wouldn't have been so bad if he was cheap but he cost us a lot of money, both in wages and whatever they knocked off the Milner fee.

• Like 1

I think Nilis would have been one of the best if it hadn't been for THAT injury.

Sad day, that. Man he looked promising

yes very sad what a brilliant debut goal he scored.

Indeed

Nilis will go in the "what might have been" file for me, alongside Laursen, Hendrie and collymore among others.

on another good bit of business going out, we sold Zat Knight for £4.5million, £1million more than we got him for, smashing deal considering he was fecking shite

Nilis will go in the "what might have been" file for me, alongside Laursen, Hendrie and collymore among others.

on another good bit of business going out, we sold Zat Knight for £4.5million, £1million more than we got him for, smashing deal considering he was fecking shite

I think Laursen was around long enough not to be tagged with the "what might have been" label. We saw what he was for a while, and he was brilliant!

• Like 2

Nolberto Solano - £1million, scored a few goals before being sold back to Newcastle for £3million + Milner on loan for a season

If I remember correctly, Solano was sold for the same amount as he was bought. £1M OR £1.5M.

I think Laursen was around long enough not to be tagged with the "what might have been" label. We saw what he was for a while, and he was brilliant!

not saying he wasn't quality, just in 4 years he played one full season and a handful of games in others, what might have been if he had stayed fit and didn't need replacing

Best-

Laursen

Barry

Yorke

Platt

Mellberg

Milner

Worst-

Given

Balaban

Ireland

Collymore

Curic

Davies

Makoun

Purely for money spent Curtis Davies for 10 million quid was an absolute stinker. Zat Knight gave you everything he had but he was a poor centre half. I always thought Jlloyd Samuel was worse than useless (even though we didnt sign him) I was shocked the amount of games he racked up for us. Stephen Ireland I strangely enough believe he has something but his attitude stinks and that was a horrible bit of business.

Mellberg, Laursen, Benteke, Yorke, McGrath, Barry were super bits of business.

How many times did Salifou even play for us? I remember he making the bench a few times but I can't remember if he came on as a sub or not.

Few subs started once or twice at most, i think mantis was being serious though. He was more of a joke sort of figure but in a nice way, dont think he was ever good enough for some of our lower leagues let alone the prem certainly and dont think he is a "what could have been" player.

Â