Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Twitters are laughing at the chance of Villa signing Depay. Saying he will sign for a much bigger club. Has he really got that big of a wrap?

Just looked up his stats.. 16 games.. 6 goals 4 assists. Not too shabby. Plenty of key passes etc. Might be worth a punt. Not bad for a 19 year old.

Him and Grealish on either wings in the future could go down well!

10 million isnt alot if his wages arent high. A 19 year old at PSV who has just come through cant be on too much.

Ah to dream.. you never know i guess.. cant see it happening myself but at least this transfer window got a bit interesting.

Edited by KSV

I know it all wreaks of us getting our hopes up to fall flat on our faces as usual. However connecting my little dots, in addition to this whole PM information thing, I do also remember Richard being uncharacteristically positive of a possible "meltdown" type signing none of us expected. I would love it if right now all we are doing is tempering expectations and keeping the press and other clubs out of our transfer dealings with smoke screens!

Before last night I'd never heard of our new friend Depay. My recent outlook has been that Lerner wants out and we wont  be seeing any big signings until he's out the door, this would make me wonder though. My inclination is to doubt the whole thing, I reckon the whole getting a player on loan for cheap wages is the more likelier scenario, not that I'm trying to be gloomy for the sake of it, Hoolahan might be just the ticket in the short term, team just needs to relax, breath and expand.

ahh, i had the PM. Now i think he was just messing with me although, what he told me sounded genuine. im sad now, i want to know more

Could you PM me the PM please?! :rolleyes:

can you keep a secret???

Come on now! I'm all the way in Qatar for god sake, I must know! lol

• Like 1

There are not many clubs bigger than Villa. Shame Lambert & Lerner dont seem to realise that....

This is a myth we really have to get over. We haven't won anything in donkey's years and we're rubbish and everyone outside of Villa acknowledges that. It makes me cringe a bit when we talk about being a big club and winning the European Cup and what have you. It's just so so long ago and is not relevant to our current stature. We have a big history and a big stadium. That's it.

• Like 1

ahh, i had the PM. Now i think he was just messing with me although, what he told me sounded genuine. im sad now, i want to know more

Could you PM me the PM please?! :rolleyes:

can you keep a secret???

Come on now! I'm all the way in Qatar for god sake, I must know! lol

done lol

• Like 1

There are not many clubs bigger than Villa. Shame Lambert & Lerner dont seem to realise that....

This is a myth we really have to get over. We haven't won anything in donkey's years and we're rubbish and everyone outside of Villa acknowledges that. It makes me cringe a bit when we talk about being a big club and winning the European Cup and what have you. It's just so so long ago and is not relevant to our current stature. We have a big history and a big stadium. That's it.

Depends on the context really. In professional football we're right up there among the top clubs. In the premier league we're right down there among the bottom clubs. ;-)

Would anyone be willing to PM me the good news??

Depends on the context really. In professional football we're right up there among the top clubs. In the premier league we're right down there among the bottom clubs. ;-)

Would anyone be willing to PM me the good news??

True. I'm just being a grumpy bastard at the moment so forgive me!

Â