Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I think we're more likely to loan an experienced player who will still keep us safe, but not cost us £2m in wages that could be spent next summer on permanent signings.

I think another 4 wins will see us safe-We should achive this with or without a £90K a week player.

I'd sooner hold fire till the summer & put that money towards the summer kitty.

I'm sure HH said recently that the transfer policy was going to change at year 3.

£2m is only 3 places in the league and given how tight it is at the moment it would be a false economy if we didn't invest that in a top quality loan.

I appreciate it isn't ideal to fork out that sort of money on a loan deal but a decent cup run and an improved league position would more than cover the outlay.

• Like 1

Yes-I had thought about league placings. Don't think it jumps as highly as you claim, especially at our end of the table. Doubt a loan signing would be allowed to play in cup games either.

I'd love to see Lescott here & given its not my money, I don't care how much he's paid. I do care if it comes out of next summers budget though.

• Like 1

£2m is only 3 places in the league and given how tight it is at the moment it would be a false economy if we didn't invest that in a top quality loan.

I appreciate it isn't ideal to fork out that sort of money on a loan deal but a decent cup run and an improved league position would more than cover the outlay.

Not to mention that a 'name' might bring more people through the turnstiles, further justifying (and paying for) the outlay.

• Like 2

Losing Heitinga to Newcastle isn't exactly big loss, if it's even true we were after him.

Not even sure why there is such a rush for him. He has been awful for the last few years now.

• Like 2

Losing Heitinga to Newcastle isn't exactly big loss, if it's even true we were after him.

Not even sure why there is such a rush for him. He has been awful for the last few years now.

i agree the titanic turns quicker than him

I wish we had firmed up our interest up in Lucas Piazón at the start of the season he’s banging them in for Vitesse now L

I think he’s on loan until the end of this season so maybe we will try again in the summer. Not much use for this window but he is the sort of AM we need.

I remember an Atlético mate of mine being delighted when Everton took Heitinga off their hands.  He hasn't set the Premier League alight and he'd command too much in wages for what he'd give us.  I don't think for a minute that we were in for him and I couldn't care less that he's going to Newcastle.  I'd say they've finally managed to find a replacement for Boumsong.

Cheap premiership experience that is readily available in January is always sought after due to its rarity.

I wish we had firmed up our interest up in Lucas Piazón at the start of the season he’s banging them in for Vitesse now L

I think he’s on loan until the end of this season so maybe we will try again in the summer. Not much use for this window but he is the sort of AM we need.

I adore Piazon. I think with Chelsea buying so many attacking midfielders we may even have a slim chance of pinching him from them in the summer. I think he'd have a similiar impact for us as Coutinho for Liverpool.

Whilst we're on the subject of the Dutch league, there really is a host of young attacking midfield talent in that league at the moment. Fun to watch.

Defour might have some legs, scouts watching him play, him coming out saying he wants to play in the prem etc

Could be an interesting move for both parties (himself and the club)

That said I can't see us paying up what Porto will want unless there has been a shift/change in the wage/transfer budget structure recently.

I don't know how good Defour is but I like the idea of having a few Belgians in our team and buying a few of their talented 18 year olds. They are really producing good young players.

I think he is out of our league. If we did get him then it would be some sign of intent. Won't be a chance in hell of it happening IMO

Â