Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I'd agree we need 1st team starters but that would be in the midfield areas and creative areas. I think with Vlaar and one other we have a very capable CB when he's in at the back. Mancienne would be adequate cover for me, something which we don't have. Unless you would like us to keep playing Clark and Baker or Herd there. Mancienne would be a massive improvement on those two if Vlaar was out.

Edited by SikhInTrinity
  • Like 1

We should try and get Kiyotake on the cheap as his value will drop more if Nurnberg are relegated this season. We need experience though so wouldn't want Mancienne for DM. Would be ok as cover for Vlaar, and can't be worse than Baker. I would hope for something like Mancienne, Sissokho and either Defour or Kiyotake in this window.

We should try and get Kiyotake on the cheap as his value will drop more if Nurnberg are relegated this season. We need experience though so wouldn't want Mancienne for DM. Would be ok as cover for Vlaar, and can't be worse than Baker. I would hope for something like Mancienne, Sissokho and either Defour or Kiyotake in this window.

Mancienne on loan, Sissoko and either Defour or Kiyo would be an amazing January window!!!

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

I've never seen anything from watching Michael Mancienne to say he a better center back than Clark or Baker. He's one of those players who plays in a few positions to a pretty basic level at best. Are we talking about the same Mancienne who struggled to hold down a place in the a crap Wolves team during his final loan stint? The one who has played 1 game for Hamburg this season?

Where is the link to him anyway? Can't find anything.

Edited by VillaRoy

Mancienne, Sissoko and either Defour or Kiyo would be an amazing January window!!!

Yep, sadly this is me hoping. Can't see it happening in reality.

Mancienne would be quite disappointing to be honest. He would provide cover but not so sure he's any better than Baker or Clark. Still wouldn't feel confident if Vlaar is not playing. We need someone with more experience than Mancienne. That said I haven't seen him play since leaving England so maybe he's improved? Doubt it though.

Mancienne would be quite disappointing to be honest. He would provide cover but not so sure he's any better than Baker or Clark. Still wouldn't feel confident if Vlaar is not playing. We need someone with more experience than Mancienne. That said I haven't seen him play since leaving England so maybe he's improved? Doubt it though.

I agree, wouldn't exactly improve the team, he'd just be another second rate sub on the bench like half the signings Lambert has already bought in during transfer windows. We need players to improve the starting 11 after-all.

Whats Micah Richards up to? He has only played a few games. Does he want to goto World Cup? surely cant be on astronomical wages. Wouldnt be a bad signing on loan.

Although i do expect the loan signing to be a creative midfielder with us going for Kiyotake in the summer when his club get relegated. Permanent signing would likely be the DM/defender.

• Like 1

Monaco set to get Lescott in another article. Claiming he will be offered an exotic and luxurious package!

That is probably the one that made Lambert fall off his chair.

It seems almost every other club in the division is paying better wages than we are. We seem to have gone from one extreme to the other.

I can only imagine that Lerner MUST be syphoning some of his loan back through the funds saved on this crop of contracts dished out in the past 18 months.

If so then hopefully the clubs sale value/package will become more attractive.

Don't think anyone should get too excited in this window though.

i cant see why we cant get someone on loan for half a season. Even on massive wages ie 90,000. Is 2 million. Its not crazy if its a player that will keep us up and possibly drag us to midtable (making more money if we finish alot higher)

As apposed to signing another gamble for 2 million like Helenius or Tonev who have not really set the world on fire.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

We may well do KSV.  Maybe not 90k but Lambert has clearly intimated that he'll look at experience and if HH is right then there'll be a few incomings.  Let's see how January plays out.  Pity the fixtures for the month are such a bastard :-/

• Like 1

Â