Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

I hope Delph is fit for this one and even more so, Guzan. I don't particularly rate Steer from what I've seen so far.

Steer doesn't look big enough to be a top flight keeper. I may be wrong but he looks like the smallest PL keeper by several inches and doesn't seem to have any prescense.
He's only 1.5 inches smaller than guzan. Guzman is 6 ft 4.

There are many concerns with Steer from what I've seen so far

1) has a bad habit of holding on to the ball too long when it's passed back to him, giving strikers the initiative to close him down and this has nearly led to goals on 2 occasions in 2 games.

2) as ELectric avenue aluded to, a lack of presence when it comes to dealing with corners, free kicks and generally crosses in to the box

3) covering his near post, He has conceded a couple since joining us here and for me it's nearly always a keeper error when the ball sneaks low into a keepers near post

Assuming Gabby is still injured, I would like to see:

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Baker Clark

Westwood

Bacuna    Delph

Weimann                Tonev

Benteke

But I think Lambert will stick with Bacuna at right back, Sylla or El Ahmadi in midfield and Luna will return if fit.

Kozak on the bench. Really don't think we can play 2 big men up front away at West Brom...unless it's 3-5-2. God I hate 3-5-2. 

I don't think he will drop Lowton after he came on and made an assist, I also question whether he'll drop Kozak.

Think we may see 4-4-2..

Kozak deserves a run in the side but 2 big men up top away from home just doesn't work. You need 1 that can drop off and help out the midfield. We won at Norwich playing 4-4-2ish but Gabby was dropping into midfield a lot. Benteke and Kozak just don't do that.

That macauley for them is A right beast at attacking set pieces, we've improved a lot at defending these but were gonna have to be on top form against him

Cannot stand the prick. You're right, he's a real threat for them which we need to be aware of.

---------------Guzan--------------

------Baker--Vlaar--Clark------

Lowton----------------------Luna

--------------Sylla---------------

--------Bacuna---Delph-------

--------Kozak----Benteke-------

Edited by Wainy316

So now Lambert is sweating on the fitness of Benteke after he picked up a knee injury for Belgium :bang: He is being left out of their Japan match and Belgium are convinced it is only a minor knock. It better be.

I'll be glad to see the football back after the break. I don't see why they needed two friendlies anyway. I did enjoy the rugby though. Nice to see blokes taking a battering, getting up and playing on unlike some of the big Jessies of the Prem who roll about because someone's chipped their nail varnish.

I hope Lambert sticks with Lowton for this one. Bacuna may prefer playing at right back but he gives us something going forward. I'd like to see what sort of a right sided partnership he could form with Lowton.

So now Lambert is sweating on the fitness of Benteke after he picked up a knee injury for Belgium :bang: He is being left out of their Japan match and Belgium are convinced it is only a minor knock. It better be.

I sense another case of us all expecting him to play until the squads are announced and then he suddenly disappears.  Always happens with our players.

I sense another case of us all expecting him to play until the squads are announced and then he suddenly disappears.  Always happens with our players.

From what i saw of the tackle it was Benteke's own fault, but i expect he'll be ok.