• Baker
    • El Ahmadi
    • Tonev
    • Benteke
    • Kozak
    • Sylla
    • Lowton (for El Ahmadi 74)
    • Bowery (for Kozak 88)

What were the welsh rabble singing about Mackay ? Sounded like "Wales sack Mackay , Malkie Mackay"

"Dont sack Mackay, Malkie Mackay

I just don't think you understand

'Cos if you sack Mackay, Malkie Mackay

You're gonna have a riot on your hands"

Yesterday I read this thread and nearly posted something along the lines of "I must have been watching a different game than everyone else," but thought better of it. Today I realized something -- I did watch a different game, a completely different game. I wasn't feeling well yesterday and slept in, missed seeing the game live, and due to technical problems with my cable provider I didn't see it until hours after it aired.

By the time I sat down to watch it, I already knew the final score was 2-0. I didn't know who scored, or when, but I knew we won. That made a massive difference, obviously. I wasn't frustrated during the opening 75 minutes of play because I knew we would eventually make the breakthrough. I didn't have to worry that Cardiff would snatch an early lead or a late equalizer.

So I didn't have to wring my hands in frustration when we gave the ball away cheaply, or gave away yet another stupid free kick in a dangerous area. I wasn't annoyed by the missed chances -- in fact, quite the opposite, each time we went on the attack I sat up a little, thinking, "Maybe this is when we score!"

I was watching the game with complete confidence, which I don't get to do very often. It was a good feeling! I wish I could watch the match this way every week, I wish we all could. It allowed me to forgive silly errors and applaud good efforts. It was great to see the team finally play with a little bit of confidence after Bacuna's free kick went in, and I hope it's something they carry on to the next game.

Happy with result and clean sheet. I don't think the performance was as bad as some are making out. I would like to see us play two really good halves of football in the same match, though.

Good post heid3ster, nice different read. I think I get what you mean. Edited by AVTuco

Would of ended

*Would have

FFS. Please learn English.

I'll put this nicer.

I like to read your posts Avflife, but as a foreigner can't always follow your posts with ease. Can you make my reading a little bit easier. ;)

Cheers AVTuco glad you enjoy reading them, don't really aim to try and please the grammar police (currently employing 'darrenm') on here, but will double check my posts after finishing them if my input is being appreciated by others.

• Like 1

Would of ended

*Would have

FFS. Please learn English.

I'll put this nicer.

I like to read your posts Avflife, but as a foreigner can't always follow your posts with ease. Can you make my reading a little bit easier. ;)

Cheers AVTuco glad you enjoy reading them, don't really aim to try and please the grammar police (currently employing 'darrenm') on here, but will double check my posts after finishing them if my input is being appreciated by others.

Thanks. Your cooperation is appreciated ;)

• Like 1

Saw a lot of predictions of a home defeat, I think I even saw a 3 nil loss at one point. Considering that I'm a little puzzled that the reactions are not more positive

I thought that particular individual was no longer posting on VT?!!!!

Edited by Robbie09

Not pretty, but a well needed win. Needless to say, but a great goal from Bacuna. I had him, Vlaar and Guzan as candidates for motm before the goal. After the goal he deserved it.

Another clean sheet and they rarely threatened. And what I really liked was that after the goal we didn't sit back to defend it as we've done too many times before. Instead we built on it and tried to get a second goal which we got. Loved that.

I think we'll start to get better now. I think the players have been a bit low on confidence and will gain some from this.

And Bacuna gets better for each game.

UTV!!

Hopefully our players are starting to get the idea that if you have two big lunks playing up front you get balls out wide and cross them into the box.

Hoofing it up for one big lunk to flick it on to the other is nowhere near as effective.

• Like 2

Hopefully our players are starting to get the idea that if you have two big lunks playing up front you get balls out wide and cross them into the box.

Hoofing it up for one big lunk to flick it on to the other is nowhere near as effective.

While I agree with the sentiment, it's Lambert who sends them out with no width. I hope he recognises the need for some width in the upcoming games.

Yesterday I read this thread and nearly posted something along the lines of "I must have been watching a different game than everyone else," but thought better of it. Today I realized something -- I did watch a different game, a completely different game. I wasn't feeling well yesterday and slept in, missed seeing the game live, and due to technical problems with my cable provider I didn't see it until hours after it aired.

By the time I sat down to watch it, I already knew the final score was 2-0. I didn't know who scored, or when, but I knew we won. That made a massive difference, obviously. I wasn't frustrated during the opening 75 minutes of play because I knew we would eventually make the breakthrough. I didn't have to worry that Cardiff would snatch an early lead or a late equalizer.

So I didn't have to wring my hands in frustration when we gave the ball away cheaply, or gave away yet another stupid free kick in a dangerous area. I wasn't annoyed by the missed chances -- in fact, quite the opposite, each time we went on the attack I sat up a little, thinking, "Maybe this is when we score!"

I was watching the game with complete confidence, which I don't get to do very often. It was a good feeling! I wish I could watch the match this way every week, I wish we all could. It allowed me to forgive silly errors and applaud good efforts. It was great to see the team finally play with a little bit of confidence after Bacuna's free kick went in, and I hope it's something they carry on to the next game.

Happy with result and clean sheet. I don't think the performance was as bad as some are making out. I would like to see us play two really good halves of football in the same match, though.

Were you also smoking a spliff when you watched the game. Man.

Good tactical switch by big Lambo won us the game. There were some grumbles of "That's right settle for the point" and "Why take off a midfielder for a defender Lambert?!" near me - the individuals involved were probably very red faced when it became immediately clear that Lowton was going to RB and Bacuna further up the park. And from that more advanced position he had the run to win his free kick, and Lowton assisted the second goal. Bravo. More of that plz.

What were the welsh rabble singing about Mackay ? Sounded like "Wales sack Mackay , Malkie Mackay"

Think its was 'don't sack Mackay, malkie Mackay' don't know the rest though.

I heard it at close quarters before the game, and can confirm the actual lyrics were

"Don't suck Mackay, Malky Mackay, I just don't think he'd understand

But if you suck Mackay, Malky Mackay

Be a gent and let him sponge in your hair"

• Like 1

Think we should continue with kozak & benteke upfront tonev and bacuna wide, lowton at right back and Sylla delph cm

Depends on the game to be honest .. If it's home I'd go with the same formation .. But I prefer Bacuna as a RB atleast in the beginning of the game .. If it's away and against hard team as West Brom we need to keep Bacuna RB .. Take Kozak out and put Delph .. Lowton for KEA .. and a front three of : Tonev .. Benteke .. Lowton !

Good tactical switch by big Lambo won us the game. There were some grumbles of "That's right settle for the point" and "Why take off a midfielder for a defender Lambert?!" near me - the individuals involved were probably very red faced when it became immediately clear that Lowton was going to RB and Bacuna further up the park. And from that more advanced position he had the run to win his free kick, and Lowton assisted the second goal. Bravo. More of that plz.

I heard it at close quarters before the game, and can confirm the actual lyrics were

*Spooge* ;)

*Spooge* ;)

Nope, i definately meant *sponge* ;)

Â