• Baker
    • El Ahmadi
    • Tonev
    • Benteke
    • Kozak
    • Sylla
    • Lowton (for El Ahmadi 74)
    • Bowery (for Kozak 88)

Kozak motm for me. Thought he was great for the whole game, despite his goal he was constantly getting in good positions and was holding the ball up well and picking out good passes.  Westwood played really good as well so hopefully he can maintain a higher standard than he has done so far this season.

• Like 1

got the win, reasonably comfortable. Another clean sheet - our defence is getting better but we have to work on our midfield and attack. I know we have a few injuries but it's good to see we can win without the likes of delph etc.

Lambert actually made a substitution that impacted the result. Fair play to him. It was a result over performance game really so no complaints from me. Good to see Kozak was much better aerially today. I'd probably go for Bacuna MOTM, not only for the magnificent free-kick but he provided a threat all game and fulfilled his defensive responsibilities. Shout out for Clark too. Even Westwood was decent ;)

Important win that. Vlaar, Clark and Baker impressive again though as soon as one of Luna or Bennett gets fit I think we should revert to 4 at the back with Lowton starting also - Bacuna was much more effective higher up.

Thought Westwood played the best he has this season and Tonev looked a real threat in the second half. 

Do wish we'd keep the ball more and play it into Benteke's feet more often. I know he's a big lad but he's got great feet and I think the temptation to hit it long to him and Kozak is a real problem for us. 

KEA shocking though, says a lot that he goes off and we score twice.

Good to see a much better 2nd half ... Bacuna MOTM.

I like Lowton on RB, so Bacuna can play higher up the pitch. Apart from first 15 min, I thought our defence look ok solid 'ish and we kept a clean sheet and scored for the first time in ... about 450 minutes or so.

Better mood now than after that %¤#!"&/%¤%#!"&%&/%¤ 1st half.

Bacuna has to be given MOTM, game changing run and following free-kick. Hopefully this is a change in our attacking fortunes whilst hopefully nothing will change with our defence, none of our CB's made any errors over these last few games since Clark has come back

Tbh he was going nowhere with that run, Benteke had given him an option but he had his down trying to control the ball. Was a needless free kick for Crdiff to give away but still credit to Bacuna for getting into that position in the first place.

Much better second half. Kozak played well. He looks a lot better alongside Benteke rather than playing as a lone striker. pity he was taken off because I think we'd of scored again with Bowery wasteful a couple of times. Good to get a win. Things look a lot more positive now! I think Tonev has something wide left. He certainly has plenty of pace.

43% percentage. A better team would have beaten us. But considering how many players we have out..

superb result

Just like City beat us right? Some people put so much stock in possession stats. We were better and more incisive in our possession than Cardiff's (and particularly Medel's) ineffective sideways passing.

Anyway, 2 clean sheets in a row eff yeah!

Strange game. Seemed like whichever team could run around the most would win, we definitely deserved to win mind, Cardiff were anonymous 2nd half.

We need Lowton on the pitch to score also it would seem.

Good result but still lots of huffing and puffing and lacking quality.

Impressed of the result, though the first half was pretty poor. Benteke needs to get back, he always had these but he is not ordinary. Bacuna man of the match, though he was great at rb and he was good pushing forwards. Great job when he made the free kick and the free kick itself. Clean sheet as well. Hope this will make the forum a little bit more easier on the eyes for a week at least. 

Is it the same people in this thread. Completely different reaction than the game thread. Sounded like we wanted to give up!

first half was atrocious, Cardiff were dreadful all day. bringing lowton on and moving bacuna forward improved things

Â