Songs that make you cry

welnik

"The Living Years" -  Mike and the Mechanics. The great Paul Carrack sings this with such emotion and , even at my age, I guess still miss my Dad.

I was going to mention this one. I tnormally doesn't make me cry and my father's still alive and kicking, but I have it on one of my spotify lists and it was hard to keep the tears away when it come one during the time when my gf's mother was at the hospital just waiting to pass away. I didn't want my gf to hear so I tried to skip it when she was there but wasn't watching.

Normally a song won't make me cry, but a couple of years ago when I could get a bit down from time to time there were a few songs that could start the water work.Silent lucidity by Queensryche was definitely one of those.

And I expect a Queen song or their entire catlogue from [insert name here] anytime now. :)

When you've had a few drinks and getting over a bad break-up I like to listen to some of John Barry's works (particularly the indecent proposal tracks) to induce some tear flow, don't know why I do it to myself. Been a long time since I've been emotional enough to get in one of those funny moods though, at the minute I feel as cold as ice

Edited by villaguy

Step on my Old Size Nines - Stereophonics.

I split up with my girlfriend of 5 years and it was our 'song'. After we'd split up we would often meet up because we still had the same set of mutual friends. One night, we'd all had too much to drink with some mates...think it was in the Barrels in S'Oak....Anyway, we were chatting around closing time and this came one. I had to leave the pub and I wept outside on the brick wall for about 10 minutes. She came outside and put her hand on my shoulder and said 'me too.'

Man that **** me up for a long time.

My old man used to play Puff the magic dragon when I was little. Blubbed every time. Now I'm older I think it was probably his awful singing that set me off rather than the sad demise of Jackie Paper.

I'm a big fan of Peter Gabriel, and when my dad died we asked for the song "Father, Son" to be played at the funeral. My God I bawled my eyes out. We went to see the "Growing Up" tour a couple of months later, and at the end, it's just PG and a piano, I just knew I would be in floods, and of course I was.

Feel for you mate. My wife lost her mom last July who was 55 after a short battle with cancer. We went to a George Michael concert a couple of months later and when he sang You Have Been Loved she was in bits. Really touching song especially if you have lost someone close to you.

For me personally I lost my dad 11 years ago and probably 5 years later I heard dance with my father again by Luther Vandross for the first time and it made me cry and touches me still on the rare occasion I hear it.

Edited by markavfc40

James- out to get you. (only once)

Runaway Train- Soul Asylum (the video plus the song)

Lately all Bobby Darin. my Nanna loved him. We would sing Hello Dolly as loud as we could any time it came on. Since she passed away it's just really hard to be happy when I hear it.

^^^^^^^

When I was selling tunes obviously that was a frequent request for funerals. Though it's most often sung as a part of the service.

The song I was asked for most to be played at ceremonies was 'Danny Boy'.

One version in particular - Josef Locke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67RGGUpjmsU

Some would deliberately avoid it, they knew it would get the room in bits.

Edited by Xann

Â