Weekends football 9th/10th November

andykeenan

Spurs are so boring. 

I reckon relatively, with the money they've spent, they're more boring than us.

Serious? They're pretty much laying siege to the Newcastle goal. Hardly boring stuff?

9 goals in 10 games all season. 3 of those penalties.

zzzzzzzzz

• Like 2

Spurs are so boring. 

Serious? They're pretty much laying siege to the Newcastle goal. Hardly boring stuff?

zzzzzzzzz

Thought you meant this match. Agree with you otherwise.

Spurs are so boring. 

zzzzzzzzz

Thought you meant this match. Agree with you otherwise.

Yeah I meant generally :P

I reckon adrenaline got him through the game last week.

Now, it's like a delayed hangover.

That's not how concussions work.

Part of the problem is that the English don't in General have the same understanding of how serious concussions are. In America, we have American football where the players are supposed to just violently hit each other, so there have been a lot more studies on concussions and more protocols put into place.

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 1

Part of the problem is that the English don't in General have the same understanding of how serious concussions are. In America, we have American football where the players are supposed to just violently hit each other, so there have been a lot more studies on concussions and more protocols put into place.

I'm not English. We have Aussie Rules Football here and concussions have become a serious issue over the past couple of years. So I know it's quite dangerous to play on after getting hit.

And the award for sweeping generalisation of the week goes to...

Football has an attitude problem, it's not that English people are thick mate.  Look at sports like horse racing (a concussion is an automatic two week injury lay off) or boxing (BBBoC safety measures are second to none) and it's clear to see where the problem lies. 

And the award for sweeping generalisation of the week goes to...

Football has an attitude problem, it's not that English people are thick mate. Look at sports like horse racing (a concussion is an automatic two week injury lay off) or boxing (BBBoC safety measures are second to none) and it's clear to see where the problem lies.

I wasn't trying to say that English people are thick, just that there hasn't been as much talking about of the effects of concussions because it's not as hot a topic.

Â