Weekends football 9th/10th November

andykeenan

then when smalling misses that sitter tyler / Neville say how unlucky he was and how hard a chance it was? why cant they just say "he should have scored"

Tyler called Phil Jones 'Braveheart'. :unsure:  

• Like 1

for me he's like a dog with two dicks, great energy, chases round all day and in games like today it looks good, but the majority of the time he needs more composure and maturity, with that his positioning should improve, especially if he's ever going to be a CB, seen teams in the CL play round him with ease

I thought Arsenal dominated the 2nd half. United just got men behind the ball an hung on. Van Persie and Rooney apart they don't look much.

And how many shots on target did Arsenal actually have? I can't remember DeGea making many saves. Arsenal could have played for another hour and they wouldn't have scored. 

I thought Arsenal dominated the 2nd half. United just got men behind the ball an hung on. Van Persie and Rooney apart they don't look much.

They didn't really dominate, United sat deep and let Arsenal play in front of them when it was 1-0,and then hit them on the break. Other than a couple of crosses from Sanga Arsenal did nothing.

Edited by Oaks

RVP has no class at all to celebrate like that against the club that made him. 

I love to see a player celebrate against his old club.  

Two words: Dwight Yorke. 

One word: removed. 

• Like 2

"Dominated" because they were allowed to, and United defended very well to keep Arsenal out of their counter-attacking best. Perfectly executed plan really. At 0-0 United showed much more passion and deserved to take the lead, even though they didn't exactly create many chances themselves. Rooney also had the biggest chance in the second half, and apart from those crosses from Sagna (that United really should have cleared) Arsenal didn't create anything. Only time Arsenal have gone off the field without scoring this season in the Premier League.

Strange season happening, every team is losing to everyone. Arsenal losing to us, City playing badly against Sunderland, Chelsea should have lost last night and so on.

Liverpool will never last the season, don't think Arsenal will either. Too reliant on Giroud and Özil to stand the 38 games, but things might happen in January. A great striker and some defensive power and they are there really. Giroud is a very good striker, but he is not a very good player like Suarez or Van Persie - i.e creating things on his own out of nothing. Rumors about Benzema, but why on earth would Real Madrid sell him in January? United bench today: Januzaj, Giggs, Cleverley, Fellaini, Nani and Hernandez. That's youth/creativity, experience, grit, power/headers, skills/technique and poaching - pick anyone for the right need. Arsenal bench: Wilshere, Gnabry, Bendtner, Monreal, Jenkinson and Hayden. Wilshere is a great player of course, but none of the others are going to change games. I mean, Bendtner on to change their attacking struggles? Never going to happen.

Still think Chelsea will grab the title, they are exactly where they should be in terms of points and Mourinho will get a hold of the squad eventually. Besides, they have been "poor" for most of the season but are still at 21 points and only 4 behind Arsenal. That is nothing when you look at the squad they have compared to their neighbors in London. Tottenham are also well placed in terms of points, but they lack cohesion entirely and do they have TOO many players to choose from? Soldado is really struggling to get a grip around how to be a successful striker in the Premier League, they have six goals from open play I think? Chelsea are going to buy a striker in January and they are going to spend lots of cash doing so....

I'm predicting:

1. Chelsea (with a margin of at least 6 points)

2. Man Utd (Best strike-force and a big squad with lots of different players)

3. Arsenal (one injury to Özil or Giroud and they are basically in the shit)

4. Man City (4 losses already, still have to play United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham away)

5. Spurs (very close to Liverpool in the end I think)

6. Liverpool (squad is weak)

And how many shots on target did Arsenal actually have? I can't remember DeGea making many saves. Arsenal could have played for another hour and they wouldn't have scored. 

More shots than United and 60% of possession at old Trafford. I think they really missed rosicky today. He was great against Dortmund. To be fair the game could have gone either way. United have the edge up front. Arsenal have the edge in midfield. The title wont be decided on that game alone. i still fancy Arsenal to finish above United.

Â