Jelle Vossen

Villan4Life

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rumour-mill-aston-villa-eyeing-6271680

Rumours on the internet are suggesting that Aston Villa are keeping tabs on Genk striker Jelle Vossen.

The Belgian club are of course the team that Christian Benteke used to play for and the reports suggest that Jelle Vossen is the latest player to come under the radar.

The 24-year-old has netted eight goals in 14 league appearances this season.

As ever stick with Our Man At The Villa Mat Kendrick for the first and final word on all things claret and blue.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rumour-mill-aston-villa-eyeing-6271680

Rumours on the internet are suggesting that Aston Villa are keeping tabs on Genk striker Jelle Vossen.

The Belgian club are of course the team that Christian Benteke used to play for and the reports suggest that Jelle Vossen is the latest player to come under the radar.

The 24-year-old has netted eight goals in 14 league appearances this season.

As ever stick with Our Man At The Villa Mat Kendrick for the first and final word on all things claret and blue.

Here's the source that they quoted:

Aston Villa are understood to have identified Genk striker Jelle Vossen as Christian Benteke’s replacement – should the frontman decide to leave Villa Park.

Benteke joined the east Midlands club in the summer of 2012 impressing in the Belgian Pro League with Genk and had an excellent debut season in England scoring 19 league goals for Villa.

The 22-year-old was expected to leave the club over the summer after handing in a transfer request with Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal believed to been keen on the Belgian international.

Benteke, however, withdrew his transfer request following talks with club manager Paul Lambert and signed a new four-year contract at Villa Park.

The frontman has started this campaign in a similar vein to last having already scored four goals in eight Premier League games and a host of European clubs are expected to make moves for his services at the end of the season.

Should Benteke quit the Villa Park outfit Lambert is considering a return to his former club Genk for striker Jelle Vossen as his compatriot’s replacement, a source has told SportsDirect News.

The 24-year-old Vossen has an impressive goal record in the Belgian top-flight and has already netted eight goals in 14 league appearances and a further three in five Europa League clashes so far this season.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/35220-villa-identify-benteke-replacement.php#.UnjqEZR5xvZ 

Edited by AVFCforever1991

We just don't need strikers. We need midfielders.

Recent matches have shown that we only have one worthy of the name, and he will in all probability leave at the end of the season, so I think we do need strikers.

However, I also agree that we need midfielders.

Recent matches have shown that we only have one worthy of the name, and he will in all probability leave at the end of the season, so I think we do need strikers.

need another striker and about 3 midfielders IMO

need another striker and about 3 midfielders IMO

I agree with that.

Vossen would be a good addition to the squad, but I don't think he's a Lambert kind of player.

He plays best in a 4-4-2 where he's the second striker. that's why he did well with Benteke. But this also means he can never be a replacement to Benteke.

As said by others, we need a creative midfielder more than a striker. Helenius is already looking like the one too many as he barely plays, not to mention Bowery.

Â