The Architecture Thread

CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Aye, castell coch, which if the tree outside would drop its leaves, I could see from today's window (with binoculars).

Bourgeois+Tate+Modern+.jpg

maman, outside Tate Modern was a bit more my taste.

I was working just around the corner whilst this was installed so I spent lunch hours sat there staring at it and considering myself a very lucky boy to be working in the very centre of the known universe

St Paul's, wobbly bridge, Tate, National, Rose, Tower Bridge, Eye.........

GUF

I'll almost certainly put loads more in.  I love buildings. :)

Er? What's all this rubbish? Preferably from your home town, yo.

Here. Allow me to demonstrate the sheer majesty of Nuneaton

Nuneaton-Co-op.JPG

2986853563_fec5e14162_o.jpg

cimg3388.jpg.jpg

008029_9d959585.jpg

And my personal favourite

4543890897_1599b44c75_z.jpg

Although tbf we do have some right dog ugly shite buildings aswell

Arbury%20Hall%202.jpg

• Like 1

ive just done the internal refurb on the council house, previously did the BMAG, outside they are great buildings inside they are embarrassing, large bits of the building is left to wrack and ruin, loads of small rooms and tucked away bits they don't use and never look after, and then the council now has this decoration scheme that it uses across all its offices (Lancaster circus, woodcock street ect) which isn't great, its a building they could spend the next 20+ years refurbing if they had the cash

that said the old conference rooms where we used to have site meetings and also the main reception are stunning

I like the nuneaton Co-Op one, very much of it's time.

I did very well salvaging solid brass art deco 'elephant ear' door handles from branches of a High Street 'brand' that wanted to be more funky.

The brass handles had lasted 80 plus years and were just gorgeous, I'd imagine the one's they replaced them with are probably broken by now, or the wrong shade of black to be funky.

I'm not huge on the old redbrick stuff in and around Belfast, but I do like the old H&W HQ (which has long been criminally abandoned, as well as most of that part of town, but rennovation is on its way).

Pretty standard from the outside

Former_Harland_and_Wolff_Headquarters_Bu

Former_Harland_and_Wolff_Headquarters_Bu

105_Belfast_Titanic_drawing_office.jpg

Pretty great inside the drawing offices

Belfast-Titanic-HWoffice-drafting_2204.j

dsc_00891.jpg

Â