Paris Saint-Germain

Avfc96

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Wonder if they'll go for it and make room for CR7. From a short term (Qatar 2022) commercial standpoint it kinda makes sense for them

Commercially do they need Ronaldo? They must be close to maxing out sponsor and shirt sale opportunities (unless kids are gonna buy a Ronaldo, Messi and Mbappe shirt from the same club).

Just now, Genie said:

Commercially do they need Ronaldo? They must be close to maxing out sponsor and shirt sale opportunities (unless kids are gonna buy a Ronaldo, Messi and Mbappe shirt from the same club).

As a club maybe not. For Qatar to have Ronaldo front and promote their World Cup to his 331 million Instagram followers. Yeah I'm absolutely certain the want that.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sne said:

As a club maybe not. For Qatar to have Ronaldo front and promote their World Cup to his 331 million Instagram followers. Yeah I'm absolutely certain the want that.

It would be frightening if the got him too. A lot of pressure to win every single match. 

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

Commercially do they need Ronaldo? 

Yes, every team does. He brings instaface users, profile, attention, media stories etc. We are in an era where pogba, CR7, mbappe, haaland, messi dont cost money, they make you money. 

I really dislike PSG. But I can't deny that seeing Messi and Ronaldo in the same team would be fascinating. Who would have ever seen that coming into recently?

Not that I think it'll work in a sporting sense in context of their competitive goals - considering their squad, I'd argue M'Bappé offers them more than Ronaldo. But of course it'll be excellent for their sportswashing exercise. Instagram followers are more valuable than human rights, after all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Troglodyte said:

I really dislike PSG. But I can't deny that seeing Messi and Ronaldo in the same team would be fascinating. Who would have ever seen that coming into recently?

Not that I think it'll work in a sporting sense in context of their competitive goals - considering their squad, I'd argue M'Bappé offers them more than Ronaldo. But of course it'll be excellent for their sportswashing exercise. Instagram followers are more valuable than human rights, after all. 

Im similar though its a pity though that Mbappe will go just because I would like to see Neymar be benched. Would be funny him trying to take the ball from Messi or Ronaldo for penalties and free kicks

Hypocritically, I would love this.

1) Madrid wouldn't pay the fee for the traitor but will pay more for Mbappe, who only has one year left on his deal

2) Even less of a chance for the traitor to win the Champions League

On 16/08/2021 at 11:26, VillaJ100 said:

Look at the Money League and the ESL teams. Lol

Says it all that their revenue and wage spending is about 30% of all of Ligue 1. Lyon and Marseille, big clubs in their own right, are miles away from even competing with them on a level playing field.

15 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Messi and Ronaldo in the same side would be the ultimate odd couple pairing. What wacky adventures could they get up to?

This isn't football this is showbiz/social media sports based entertainment.

Its like Real Madrid Galacticos style. 

11 hours ago, villa89 said:

Yes, every team does. He brings instaface users, profile, attention, media stories etc. We are in an era where pogba, CR7, mbappe, haaland, messi dont cost money, they make you money. 

We were starting to have our own one of those, until we were told we weren’t allowed to join in. Thankfully City were there to take him off our hands. 

Edited by Tayls

51 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Messi and Ronaldo in the same side would be the ultimate odd couple pairing. What wacky adventures could they get up to?

This isn't football this is showbiz/social media sports based entertainment.

to be fair id probably watch

i dont think ive ever watched a PSG ligue A game but if they started messi and ronaldo i probably would

also think there's a strange thing with Mbappe going to real madrid, just goes to show that not even the mega rich oil clubs can keep their players, PSG are flying, in terms of pure on the pitch footballing side they are better than real madrid, he's looking at the possibility of playing a part in arguably the most famous attacking line up in footballing history, harlem globe trotter stuff, he's rumoured to be on about half a million a week, he's going to be the star at a world cup in his boss' country which who knows what perks that will come with and yet this guy still wants to leave

11 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Yeah, this.

Also makes some sense that PSG have brought in "costly" players on "free transfers" if they're about to get £135m+ for Mbappe.

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Messi and Ronaldo are both well past their prime, Ramos as well. It’s like the US leagues in the 90s with all the ageing superstars lining up there. 

Messi scored 30 La Liga goals last season (7 ahead of anyone else) and Ronaldo scored 29 Serie A goals (5 ahead of Lukaku).

Seems "well past their prime" is still pretty **** incredible.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

PSG saying that £137m for Mbappe is not enough, even though he only has one year left on his deal.

Must be great to be able to sign Messi, Ramos, Wijnaldum, Hakimi and Donnarumma and still be able to laugh off a £137m offer for a player who will leave for free in 12 months.

Â