Do you care what other people think about you?

Voinjama

They're 2500km away. I deliver what I see fit to and because they want what I'm good at, there's never any issue. So, technically, no. I regularly go to work in old tracksuit bottoms and a villa jersey. maybe I'm the exception to your rule, but I assure you I dont care what anyone thinks or expects of me. I do my thing, my way and I'm fortunate enough that it pays the bills

Edited by P3te

They're 2500km away. I deliver what I see fit to and because they want what I'm good at, there's never any issue. So, technically, no. I regularly go to work in old tracksuit bottoms and a villa jersey. maybe I'm the exception to your rule, but I assure you I dont care what anyone thinks or expects of me. I do my thing, my way and I'm fortunate enough that it pays the bills

Do you care what your clientele expects of you? Your family? Woman?

No, I don't. But not in the way you see it. I do everything I do to the best of my abilities, always. Not for anyone else, but for me.

With work, the things I do are my projects someone happens to want to pay for, if they wanted someone or something different they wouldn't pay me for it. They happen to want exactly what I do. And in some cases they just don't realize that's what they wanted until they see it. I'm very fortunate to have total control on what I do, and I appreciate how lucky that makes me. They may change what they want some day, and that's entirely their prerogative. 

For my wife and family, it's a bit different but still on the same track. My wife loves me because of who I am and how I am. She wouldn't be my wife otherwise, and I unconditionally love her for the same reasons. She doesn't need to worry what I think of her because I made my opinions on her abundantly clear when I married her, and I tell her every day. 

I genuinely believe that you can only truly be happy when you're happy in yourself, and to be happy in yourself, you just need to know you're doing everything to the best of your abilities. Once you have that, the rest follows, and things like other people's opinions become irrelevant

Edited by P3te
  • Like 1

Do you care what other people think about you? Do you base part of your happiness on how you are perceived by the public? and finally do you find as you get older you care less what people think?

Answer honestly.

Used to care when I was younger, now not too fussed. I think as life goes on, you realise that the world is full of shits anyway.

Personally I think I do care what people think of me. I work in a very social environment with loads of customer interaction and as I'm my own boss I deem it very important they like me.

However in other things I really don't care. For example outside of work I live in track suits as it's the most practical outfit for most activities I do. I almost begrudge putting jeans on sometimes. I suppose this is an age thing really as 10 years ago I wouldn't have dreamed of leaving the house wearing them.

Difficult to respond to a yes/no answer here. 

Do I care what my friends and family think of me - yes absolutely. 

Do I care what you lot think about me - no not really in all honesty. As Tony said the internet allows a certain amount of "acting out." I like some of you more than others but I'm not going to be heartbroken if you don't lile me. 

Do I care what my team at work  thinks about me? hmmm depends. If they do it makes life easier - if they dont thats fine. I'm happy to be the worlds greatest rocket polisher or their best buddy as long as they do what I want them to when I want it done. 

If you over hear someone slaggging you off, and you are hurt, then you do care what people think.

Me? 

Again depends who? At work it happens all the time behind my back. If it bothered me I'd spend my life chasing people to make them happy and nothing would get done. Ever. 

Family and friends would be a different matter. 

It's not a daily thing. It comes and goes. There are many times when it never even crosses my mind on what people think about me. Then you hear something or see someone else being judged and I start to wonder. Not worry, just....wonder. I grew up a tomboy. Most of my friends being guys I always worry what the new lady in their life will think. Because ultimately if she has a problem with me, I risk losing the friend. I am currently in the process of losing my closest guy friend (that isn't my husband). So trust me, this happens plenty. But I normally just like who I am and figure you either will to, or you won't. Not much I can do.

Oh, and for some reason groups of rich people. They make me anxious. Like they can smell the poor on me. It sounds dumb. One or two wealthy people and I could NOT care less. But when I have gone to upper scale charity events and the room is filled with the wealthy folk, I do feel like I'm being judged. I don't need them to like me so much as I just want to leave.

It's not a daily thing. It comes and goes. There are many times when it never even crosses my mind on what people think about me. Then you hear something or see someone else being judged and I start to wonder. Not worry, just....wonder. I grew up a tomboy. Most of my friends being guys I always worry what the new lady in their life will think. Because ultimately if she has a problem with me, I risk losing the friend. I am currently in the process of losing my closest guy friend (that isn't my husband). So trust me, this happens plenty. But I normally just like who I am and figure you either will to, or you won't. Not much I can do.

Oh, and for some reason groups of rich people. They make me anxious. Like they can smell the poor on me. It sounds dumb. One or two wealthy people and I could NOT care less. But when I have gone to upper scale charity events and the room is filled with the wealthy folk, I do feel like I'm being judged. I don't need them to like me so much as I just want to leave.

Oh that's what it was , I just assumed it was Rob

• Like 1

Â