Formation, System & Tactics

dakid007

Every ones 1st 11 is pretty similar. What would be your preferred line up if we sell benteke & lambert has the whole transfer fee available lets say 25m-30m to re invest

Guzan

Lowton. Vlaar Clark/okore. New lb

Westwood. Delph

New winger. Número 10. Gabby/Weimann/helenius/ tonev/albrighton

Kozak

Though the wingers could swap, the new winger could play on the left with one of the other 5 on the right.

Every ones 1st 11 is pretty similar. What would be your preferred line up if we sell benteke & lambert has the whole transfer fee available lets say 25m-30m to re invest

Guzan

Westwood. Delph

Kozak

Though the wingers could swap, the new winger could play on the left with one of the other 5 on the right.

I want names of your preferred new players

--------------------Guzan-----------------------

New Player --- Vlaar --- Okore --- Luna

--New Player--- Delph --- New Player--

--New Player-----------------New Player--

----------------- New Player------------------

I would keep gabby, Lowton, Clark, Kozak, as cover and sell Baker, Weimann, Tonev, Westwood, KEA, and Albrighton. Maybe keep Sylla if he improves.

Looks harsh but I am aiming for improving the quality dramatically with the money from Benteke.

Edit: Just saw you want names of the new players, will have to sleep on it !

Edited by jasoncb

--------------------Guzan-----------------------

New Player --- Vlaar --- Okore --- Luna

--New Player--- Delph --- New Player--

----------------- New Player-------------------

----------------- New Player------------------

I would keep gabby, Lowton, Clark, Kozak, as cover and sell Baker, Weimann, Tonev, Westwood, KEA, and Albrighton. Maybe keep Sylla if he improves.

Looks harsh but I am aiming for improving the quality dramatically with the money from Benteke.

Edit: Just saw you want names of the new players, will have to sleep on it !

I don't think we are good enough to play with 10 players. :)

Guzan

Westwood. Delph

Kozak

I want names of your preferred new players

I trust Lambert more than I trust myself at finding new players. But if you insist

Guzan

Lowton         Vlaar                Clark           Bastian Oczipka              

Westwood/Bacuna        Delph

Weimann/tonev      Kiyotake       Jefferson Montero

Kozak/Gabby

I would go with Westwood, Weimann and Kozak in games against weaker sides and Bacuna, Tonev and Gabby against stronger sides. Weimann and Westwood are more technical and Kozaks aerial ability in the box could be critical for breaking them down but Gabby's pace is devastating on the counter and Westwood tends to disappear against big sides because he can't get on the ball enough. I also think that over time Tonev could be really good, especially with strict instructions on when to shoot, so I would use him for his pace and back tracking (like he did against Norwich) the stronger sides. 

While this is fun to do, however, I concede that I know next to nothing about coming up with a formation for a football team and Paul Lambert will be 1000x better at figuring this out when he gets funds

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the future, I believe we will see three men at the back, when we are back at full strength, 

Guzan

Vlaar, Okore, Clark

Lowton      Delph, Westwood     Moon

New Player (Wide/AM Role)

Teckers, Gabby

Ideally we would add Lescott, Barry and De Bruyn, 

If we don't sign anyone, worth a shot:

Guzan

Clarke, Vlaar, Donacien

Bacuna, Delph, Westwood, Carruthers

Grealish

Benkteke, Gabby

What I'd ideally like:

Guzan

Clarke, Lescott (Loan), Vlaar

Bacuna, Delph, Westwood, De Bruyne (Loan)

Sigurdsson (Loan)

Benkteke, Gabby

All loans so don't have to rush signing anyone and permenant players can be sorted in summer.Okore to replace Lescott end of season

Away from home: 4-3-3, Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Okore, Clark, number 10, (Defour), Delph, Gabby, (Zaha) and Benteke.

Home, 4-2-3-1, Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Okore, Clark, (Defour), Delph, Gabby, number 10 and Benteke or 4-3-1-2, Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Okore, Clark, (Defour) Delph, Westwood, number 10, Gabby and Benteke.

Players in brackets are ideal possible signings in this window.

Edited by Avflife

• 9 months later...

would love to know who Lambert sees as his first 11 now we have pretty much our whole team close to being available

If would seem most likely v Everton he will play:

Gabby - Benteke - Weimann

Cleverly - Westwood - Delph

Cissokho - Vlaar - Baker - Hutton

Guzan

That side certainly could be pretty effective with an attacking focal point and a more solid experienced midfield and defence

but if we fail to take our chances on the break we will struggle again to open up defences as their is little width or creativity in that side.

but I have no idea how we could utilise Zog, Cole and Grealish in the team. Other than maybe sacrificing Weimann for one of them

I know 442 is old hat but i'd still love us to play with the below in the FA Cup just to see if that would work as I think both Hutton and Cissokho are strong enough defenders to hold their runs forward and squeeze in.

Gabby - Benteke

Grealish - Delph - Cleverly - Zog

Guzan 

Edited by VillanousOne

would love to know who Lambert sees as his first 11 now we have pretty much our whole team close to being available

If would seem most likely v Everton he will play:

Gabby - Benteke - Weimann

Cleverly - Westwood - Delph

Guzan

That side certainly could be pretty effective with an attacking focal point and a more solid experienced midfield and defence

but if we fail to take our chances on the break we will struggle again to open up defences as their is little width or creativity in that side.

but I have no idea how we could utilise Zog, Cole and Grealish in the team. Other than maybe sacrificing Weimann for one of them

I know 442 is old hat but i'd still love us to play with the below in the FA Cup just to see if that would work as I think both Hutton and Cissokho are strong enough defenders to hold their runs forward and squeeze in.

Gabby - Benteke

Grealish - Delph - Cleverly - Zog

Guzan

Love the idea of the 4-4-2 team, but hate the idea of Westwood being out of the team. I do see the issue of Delph/Cleverly/Westwood and only being able to choose two. But that won't be a problem for a while after the Delph news.

Â