Who is the all time greatest sportsman

villaguy

Hard one to judge really, hard one to call but I'll say I'm a bit undecided. Ronnie O'Sullivan is supremely talented that he makes everyone else in his sport seem like amateurs so he is mine, but praise has to be given to Roger Federer and Messi

If you count snooker as a sport then Ronnie would be up there. He can other pros left handed FFS. However even as a snooker fan I think of it more as a game than a sport.

In my lifetime, probably Federer. I still remember watching him shock Sampras in 2001.

Edited by villarule123

Hard one to judge really, hard one to call but I'll say I'm a bit undecided. Ronnie O'Sullivan is supremely talented that he makes everyone else in his sport seem like amateurs so he is mine, but praise has to be given to Roger Federer and Messi

Be it a game or a sport, the notion of a scrote like Ronnie O'Sullivan being the greatest sportsman of all time renders me speechless.

• Like 1

Is snooker really a sport though?

No, it does not involve physical exertion, nor does darts for that matter. They are pastimes or games, albeit very competitive ones that people can compete in to a professional standard. Thats not to denigrate those that excel at them, they just aren't sports, just like chess isn't a sport. On a similar note, any physical activity that requires judging to determine the the outcome of a competition in every instance, like ice dancing or synchro swimming isn't a sport either, this excludes Boxing as the judging is only required at the end in the event of a tie.

• Like 2

I just meant in terms of being called a sport when it isn't really one.

I can see your view, I wouldn't include Golf being a sport by that criteria though

Golf involves physical exertion and score determines the outcome. It is a sport.

Â