The next 11 games.

Oaks

I see some have already made their minds up on what's going to happen over these next 11 games.

Isn't it called predictions?

Doesn't seem like it in this case. Apparently there "WILL" be excuses and that some need to "wake up and smell the coffee". Those seem to be less predictions and more statements of fact (or rather, opinions made out to be facts).

I think the prediction is implied. Nobody knows the results - but 90% of this form is predicting events and things in the future.

I reckon 13 pts from those games. I think they will be tougher than some expect. If youre struggling to win games - you tend to struggle against the lesser lights to.....

I see some have already made their minds up on what's going to happen over these next 11 games.

Isn't it called predictions?

Doesn't seem like it in this case. Apparently there "WILL" be excuses and that some need to "wake up and smell the coffee". Those seem to be less predictions and more statements of fact (or rather, opinions made out to be facts).

I think the prediction is implied. Nobody knows the results - but 90% of this form is predicting events and things in the future.

I reckon 13 pts from those games. I think they will be tougher than some expect. If youre struggling to win games - you tend to struggle against the lesser lights to.....

Saying there "will" be excuses is a statement and implies that we'll definitely do poorly over these next 11 games.

unless we win all 11, some people will call stuff like being unlucky, playing well but losing etc. as excuses for the real issue of us (in their eyes) being sh*t.

even if we won 10 on the bounce and lost the 11th some would be on here moaning about 3 dropped points and who was sh*t etc....

Edited by romavillan
  • Like 2

In my mind, by the halfway point of the season when we will have played all teams once there can be no excuses if we are hovering around (or dare I even say in) the relegation zone.

i dunno rampaging gunman annihilating the first team squad this week would probabaly make it hard to compete in this league for the next 11 games!

very fine lines at this level, benteke scores his penalty, gabby scores his sitter, weimann found his shooting boots, clark doesn't piss off from his central position, someone picks up osman and we're talking about a point or 3 from the last game and everyone is feeling a lot happier all of a sudden.

Hopefully we can find some home form in these fixtures as our away form seems to take care of itself.

I would be happy with 12-15 pts over this projected period & would view this as a minimum requirement.

get a little run on and i don't see 15 as out of the question. 

I think if we are not going to be involved in a relegation fight this season we should be obtaining at least 17 points from these fixtures. Whilst that may seem a high amount, you only have to look at the Albion last yr and the amount of points they collated prior to Christmas to know it is possible.

We should be getting be getting at least half the available points from those games if we don't want to be involved in another relegation battle, possibly more. I think about 20 points would be a decent haul.

Some very tasty fixtures ahead that we should* be able to get a good points tally from. This will be the litmus test for the Lerner/Lambert model. If the club struggles to actually win a few of these games, things will get uncomfortable for them.

• Like 1

I don't know why people are expecting as many as 18-20 points from the next 11 fixtures. I've looked at them and see a return of 10-12 points.

If we take your lower estimate, that would leave us with 20 points from 20 games, which is relegation form and not good enough.

Only relegation form based on averages. My forecast of points for the next 11 games doesn't mean we have to get the same amount in the back end of the season. I actually think we'll have a better second half of the season, mainly because we'll have improved again and gelled a bit further.

Only relegation form based on averages. My forecast of points for the next 11 games doesn't mean we have to get the same amount in the back end of the season. I actually think we'll have a better second half of the season, mainly because we'll have improved again and gelled a bit further.

It would still mean that we are embroiled in a relegation battle come January.

Â