The next 11 games.

Oaks

I've looked at the fixtures and the next 11 games will define our season. After a tough start there is no excuses in the next 11 games, we need at aim for between 15-20 points, or another relegation battle could be on the cards.

Those games take us to the end of the year and to the next transfer window. We will by then have played 20 games so the league table will show what we will be playing for during the rest of the season.

11 more points or less would put us on target for another relegation battle. 12 - 16 points would give us a little breathing space and 17 - 20 would put us on the way to mid table security. Anything more although highly unlikely would put us where as a club we would really expect to be.

Having looked at the fixtures I think 12 points is around what I would anticipate us getting.

I've looked at the fixtures and the next 11 games will define our season. After a tough start there is no excuses in the next 11 games, we need at aim for between 15-20 points, or another relegation battle could be on the cards.

Whatever happens I think there WILL be excuses.

• Like 2

On paper they are "easier" fixtures but they will be just as tough in their own way.  What I hope now is that the boys can find some kind of settled rhythm to their play, giving them the platform to grow as a team.  If, by Christmas, we are sitting somewhere between 8th and 13th (with a healthy gap between us and the bottom three) I will be happy and regard this as "on schedule" progress for the season.

• Like 3

Whatever happens I think there WILL be excuses.

There will certainly be. Wonder when some will smell the coffee.

i just think we need to sort out our formation i don't think putting 1 up top works, especially at home! We need 4 defenders not a winger (Bacuna) at what is essentially right back we need to use these player in the right manner i say get Lowton back in, plus put Weimann up top with Benteke and our next 11 games should be pretty decent and get the points that 'oaks' says we should get..... UTV

I see some have already made their minds up on what's going to happen over these next 11 games.

Isn't it called predictions?

Doesn't seem like it in this case. Apparently there "WILL" be excuses and that some need to "wake up and smell the coffee". Those seem to be less predictions and more statements of fact (or rather, opinions made out to be facts).

I see some have already made their minds up on what's going to happen over these next 11 games.

Doesn't seem like it in this case. Apparently there "WILL" be excuses and that some need to "wake up and smell the coffee". Those seem to be less predictions and more statements of fact (or rather, opinions made out to be facts).

Which isn't guessing what is going to happen, it is guessing what the reaction could be, not what the outcome of games will be.

Which isn't guessing what is going to happen, it is guessing what the reaction could be, not what the outcome of games will be.

Why would there be excuses made if we did really well in those games?

20 points from the next 11 games is extremely optimistic, but about 15 would be nice. It'd put us on 25 points with 18 games to go, which is just under 50 points projected for the season and an improvement on last season, albeit only a small one.

March 9 I believe is when we got to 25 last season. think be a massive improvement

Yes right up to New years day (which may or may not be 11 games) we play Sunderland twice, Crystal Palace, Swansea, Stoke, Fulham, West Ham, Cardiff and West Brom.

These are teams below or around our level. Before people say we're going to lose them all, we have taken 4 points from Norwich and Hull away without conceding a goal which suggests we're o.k at taking points from relegation strugglers.

Between 15-18 points should be a realistic return from that run, anything over 20 would be excellent and we'd be comfortably top half. Below and we'll be looking over our shoulders at the bottom three.

Yes right up to New years day (which may or may not be 11 games) we play Sunderland twice, Crystal Palace, Swansea, Stoke, Fulham, West Ham, Cardiff and West Brom.

These are teams below or around our level. Before people say we're going to lose them all, we have taken 4 points from Norwich and Hull away without conceding a goal which suggests we're o.k at taking points from relegation strugglers.

Between 15-18 points should be a realistic return from that run, anything over 20 would be excellent and we'd be comfortably top half. Below and we'll be looking over our shoulders at the bottom three.

Ah but how many of those games are away? Those are the games we should be targeting for wins. ;)

Â