Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Avflife

An interesting game in that the way West Ham sets up makes it look like we'll play as the home team even though we're away. Definitely a dillema.

That being said, I'd try and match them in the midfield and I think PL will do the same. No doubt he'll try to keep Weimann in, but here's what I would use.

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Clark Luna

Sylla Westwood Delph

Tonev Benteke Agbonlahor

An interesting game in that the way West Ham sets up makes it look like we'll play as the home team even though we're away. Definitely a dillema.

That being said, I'd try and match them in the midfield and I think PL will do the same. No doubt he'll try to keep Weimann in, but here's what I would use.

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Clark Luna

Sylla Westwood KEA Delph

Tonev Benteke Agbonlahor

• Like 1

Really looking forward to this one as it will be my first visit there for a while. I remember the last time I went to West Ham we drew 1-1 on Petrov's debut.  I think it was Tevez and Mascherano's debuts as well. (How the hell did those two ever play for them!!??)  We took the lead through Ridgewell after 2 mins or so and deserved to win by 3 or 4 but we had two off the line and of course conceded the inevitable equaliser.

Anyway, I think it looks set for scrappy 1-0 to the Villa this time, I fancy Delph to break his duck. I would like to see Clark and Sylla in for this one.  

Hopefully Tekkers will be match fit, which he clearly wasn't on Saturday.

UTV!

• Like 1

Hopefully Benteke will be back to full match fitness.  Probably won't be a classic to watch but it's the start of a long-awaited 'kind' run of fixtures.  It's an away match so I expect we won't lose and I'm more than hopeful of a win.

Cant understand why people are picking sides with Baker over Clark at CB.

Its been a no contest this season.

Id play:

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Clark Luna (Lowton if Luna injured)

Sylla Westwood Delph

Weimann Benteke Agbonlahor

With Tonev replacing Weimann second half if we arent ahead.

Baker is better suited to more physical teams. Of which West Ham are one.

For the first 20 minutes until hr goes off with a head injury.

West hams form at home isn't the best, out away form is good, so id put money on a home win.

If Agbonlahor is a doubt, we might see something like this.

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Luna

Bacuna Westwood Delph Tonev

Weimann Benteke

I'd switch Westwood for Sylla, but I like the idea of having both Lowton and Bacuna on the right.

• Like 1

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Luna

Weimann Benteke

I'd switch Westwood for Sylla, but I like the idea of having both Lowton and Bacuna on the right.

I really can't see Lowton starting.  Didn't even make the bench recently did he?

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Luna

Weimann Benteke

I really can't see Lowton starting.  Didn't even make the bench recently did he?

He was for Everton

I too like the idea of Lowton and Bacuna playing on the right, both can cover for the other if whoever starts as full back overlaps and I think they could link up well and form a great partnership as the season goes on.

If Gabby is a doubt I'd play a 4 4 1 1 with Benteke in the hole, picking the ball up in more space and running at their defenders or shooting from outside the box, something he has shown he can do well on numerous occasions.

I'd bench Weimann and bring him on for Kozak with 20-30 mins left if we need a goal to win it. His pace and running vs tired defenders could be a real threat and I think he could be better utilized as an impact sub for this type of role.

So my line up would be:

Guzan

Lowton, Vlaar, Baker, Luna if fit

Bacuna, Sylla, Delph, Tonev

Benteke

Kozak

And I think we Will win in, 3 1