Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Avflife

West Ham away is a hard game for most teams, basically because they will try to shut out every team instead of trying to score goals. Their strategy is obviously to play for a draw and then see where it takes the team in terms of corners and other set-pieces.

I'm predicting an extremely boring draw, either 0-0 or 1-1, which in all fairness is a good result for us. We can of course win it if Benteke is on top of his game, and they will probably not score more than one goal.

It has the Hull-game written all over it, since the managers are totally of the same mould. Bruce vs. Allardyce, brrr...... even Lambert edges that battle in terms of charisma.

1-1

Benteke 23'

Noble (pen) 54'

We're a bit thin at the back. Lowton and Bacuna give us options on the right, but with Okore, Luna and Bennett out, if we lose one of the other three then who would we bring in? Lowton to CB? Herd? Our three CB's haven't got the greatest record for not picking up niggles and knocks which makes me very nervous.

For this game, I think we match up quite well against them and I think if we start well we'll win.

---------------Guzan---------------

---------------------------------------

Lowton---Clark---Vlaar--Bacuna

------El Ahmadi----Sylla----------

---------------Delph-----------------

Helenius-----------------Wiemann

----------------------------------------

--------------Benteke---------------

Bring it on Spammers.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

Fortunately due to form (we have virtually no one playing well), the injuries may improve us, just ashame Weimann wasn't injured too or we could have put out our strongest side.

The only absence that concerns me is Luna's.

Despite all this I am going for a shock win, another defeat is inconceivable and would put us back in familiar territory casting a whole new doom tint on all threads on here.

0-2 [Delph, Bacuna (free kick)]

I think we will lose 2-1

We are on a bad run of form and without Gabby we have zero pace to exploit them on the counter attack which is basically our only tactic

I fully expect them to load the box with crosses and when we come across teams like that...well we all know what happens

Our defenders shit themselves

If we are on our game then we could possibly swing it the other way and come away with a 2-1 win but I think Gabby is too big a miss

Rest assured though it will be a mediocre game between 2 mediocre teams

---------------Guzan---------------

Lowton---Clark---Vlaar--Bacuna

------El Ahmadi----Sylla----------

---------------Delph-----------------

Helenius-----------------Wiemann

----------------------------------------

--------------Benteke---------------

Bring it on Spammers.