Midfield woes, the solution?

Avflife

How many of those assists were not set-piece related though? Out of the others, there is only one of any particular quality that I can think of - for Gabby's winner at Norwich. The other assist that day was just a simple pass to Gabby who then ran and shot from 25 yards out. This idea he is some sort of playmaking maestro is just typical of how overrated he is.

dont think anybody eve called him a playmaking maestro. think your making things up

He has been referred to as a playmaker many times on here.

yeah but who ever said playmaking maestro

I said 'some sort' which means that is what he is being built up to be by some on here. It wasn't a direct quote.

but he hasnt ever been called a world class playmaker, most he ever got called was a poo mans carrick never a brilliant playmaker

He has been described as a playmaker which is exaggeration enough...

In the last 16 pages of the Westwood thread, I have posted 13 times. Less than a post a page. Within these posts, there are 7 with nothing to do with Westwood.

Within the 6 left, 3 are defending/praising him, 3 are saying he's been poor/could do better.

Examples: 

Liverpool.

Poor today.

The players who usually are reliable were poor today. The likes of Lowton, Weimann, Westy etc

Rotherham.

Unreal tonight.

Everton

Didn't think he was as bad as everyone is suggesting.

Looked better before he got that sore one from McCarthy.

Hull

In a funny way, ash going off for his tangle with huddlestone (still haven't seen it properly mind) would have played into our hands perfectly.

Within the same time frame, you have 46 posts. Most, if not all of them are slagging him off. This is just the Westwood thread. There are plenty of posts in other threads that have nothing to do with Westy that you seem to find your way into as well. And you have the sheer cheek to call me obsessed. Hilarious.

I'm fair with all Villa players. If a player isn't playing well, I will say so. Regardless of my personal opinion of them. I like Westy because I like players with his style. (Carrick is one of my favourite players in the league at the moment).

Edited by StefanAVFC

Using the word maestro was disingenuous and hyperbole. Once you try and put words in other people's mouths like that you're on shaky ground.

• Like 1

Using the word maestro was disingenuous and hyperbole. Once you try and put words in other people's mouths like that you're on shaky ground.

Not really. It was preceded by 'some sort' which implies it wasn't a direct quote. It would be the same as me saying something like 'you'd think he was Xavi the way people go on...' etc. Nobody would've actually have had to compare him to Xavi for that to not be 'disingenuous'.

Secondly, I've seen quite a few people on here describe him as a playmaker. So hardly putting words in people's mouths.

Stefan, please distinguish between 'slagging off' and legitimate criticism and then point out where I have unduely slagged him off...

And go through 43 (minimum) posts? If you kept in within the Westwood thread, then it would be more passable and legitimate. Example, KEA thread. Somebody posts 'I don't rate KEA', you post 'he's better than Westwood'. Obviously paraphrased but I have examples.

BB thread

loving this. analysis on tv here where they show how some things are going wrong and bannan is in the thick of it.

Funny, he's not played for a number of games and when he did play I don't remember him having made a mistake that lead to a goal.

No that's true. When he's not in possession he's often nowhere to be seen so he definitely can't be accused of making a mistake for a goal when he was likely hiding behind a striker at the other end of the pitch :-)

Sounds just like Westwood.

Sylla:

I wouldn't. Lambert wouldn't even drop his golden boy Westwood for Xavi it would seem. 

Spurs match thread: (Can't quote because thread is closed)

Lowton thread:

I personally didn't even think he had that bad a start. Under-par certainly but not any worse then Weimann's or Westwood's. The fact neither of those two have been dropped tells me it must be to do with more then just form.

KEA: 

Some may be surprised to hear me say it but nothing special today. Certainly not 'excellent' or 'outstanding' as lots on Twitter are making out. Good in certain periods and anonymous in others. Still better then then anything Westwood has produced this season though, so my relentless campaign to convince people that KEA should be picked ahead of him has just about been justfied.  ;)

However, if we are only going to have two in midfield then it has to Sylla and Delph for me.

I can go on. There is plenty of material. It's in so many threads. You link Westwood to any player it seems.

I just find it hilarious that can spout the complete rubbish about me, when  a significant proportion of your posts are about the person in question. You have what, 786 posts? 43 in the thread itself, then there must be at least another 35 elsewhere. That makes 10% of your total posts on this site about a player that I'm apparently obsessed.

10/10 top work, you made me reply.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

I wouldn't class any of those comments as 'slagging off', so we'll just have to agree to disagree...

As you say, I got you to reply so my day is complete... ;)

Edited by Isa

Short term play Sylla. Incredible he's played so few minutes this season.

Long term buy someone creative in January who can actually slot into the first 11 straight away. Given how shite Nuremburg are doing in Bundesliga I think revisiting Kiyoate is worth a go.

Play bacuna Sylla deph as midfield 3

Buy ince in jan

Lowton back at right-back, personally wouldn't chance what is working with Bacuna at right-back. Westwood, Delph and Sylla for me away from home (4-3-3) Westwood and Sylla at home, with Delph pushed slightly higher up the field in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Â