Midfield woes, the solution?

Avflife

Bannan is shit end of debate ;)On to Westwood, he deserves a place over KEA, as he offers more, should be him, Sylla and Delph in the midfield three, starting against West Spam next Saturday.

Sylla is the midfield enforcer, Westwood helps protect the back-four and set-ups assits with his array of passing abilities and Delph is the most attack-minded of the lot, going on runs past players whenever the **** he wants :P

Absolute rubbish. All Westwood does is pass sideways, try to pass forward and give it away, and take shit corners. KEA can pass, gets into good positions to take the ball and gets stuck in, he does a good all round job.

Westwood only passes sideways, how many assists did he have last season, 5 more than KEA 6 to 1 ;) KEA does nothing to warrant him having a starting place over Westy. Regarding the corners I agree with you, but are you suggesting KEA could do better; the corners should be swung in from either side with different footed players e.g. right from left and left from right.

How many of those assists were not set-piece related though? Out of the others, there is only one of any particular quality that I can think of - for Gabby's winner at Norwich. The other assist that day was just a simple pass to Gabby who then ran and shot from 25 yards out. This idea he is some sort of playmaking maestro is just typical of how overrated he is.

Play 4-4-2, with some decent width and proper widemen.  4-3-3 is shit.  We also need much better central midfielders than we have presently.

Edited by Risso

How many of those assists were not set-piece related though? Out of the others, there is only one of any particular quality that I can think of - for Gabby's winner at Norwich. The other assist that day was just a simple pass to Gabby who then ran and shot from 25 yards out. This idea he is some sort of playmaking maestro is just typical of how overrated he is.

So I guess you don't have 15 Westwood on your Villa shirt eh isa?!  I hope the Alpay pic is ironic!

We get it. You hate him.

Well you've already made your mind up that he is 'exceptional' so you'll never let a little thing like actual facts get in the way of that I'm sure.

So I guess you don't have 15 Westwood on your Villa shirt eh isa?!  I hope the Alpay pic is ironic!

Sadly not...

;)

dont think anybody eve called him a playmaking maestro. think your making things up

dont think anybody eve called him a playmaking maestro. think your making things up

He has been referred to as a playmaker many times on here.

Sadly not...

;)

I've never stated him to be a 'playmaking maestro' he is like enough people have said on the thread a DCM. Haha I must say I do have Westwood '15' on my home shirt, better than having KEA on it, still looks nothing like a decent Premiership central midfielder to me. Playing Sylla, Westwood and Delph worked last season, so why not try it this season.

Playing 4-2-3-1 at home and 4-3-3 at work should work.

We get it. You hate him.

Well you've already made your mind up that he is 'exceptional' so you'll never let a little thing like actual facts get in the way of that I'm sure.

What? I said that? Please don't put words in my mouth because you have such a downer on him.

I've admitted numerous amounts of times that he's been playing well below form this season and he possibly deserves to be dropped. However, I don't mention his name in every thread in a positive way like you seem to do in a negative way. You're like the antithesis to Con; that you want to convince everybody that a certain player isn't very good and you won't stop until you do.

What I will say is that he's a cracking footballer going through a bad patch of form. It happens.

Edited by StefanAVFC

We get it. You hate him.

What? I said that? Please don't put words in my mouth because you have such a downer on him.

I've admitted numerous amounts of times that he's been playing well below form this season and he possibly deserves to be dropped. However, I don't mention his name in every thread in a positive way like you seem to do in a negative way. You're like the antithesis to Con; that you want to convince everybody that a certain player isn't very good and you won't stop until you do.

What I will say is that he's a cracking footballer going through a bad patch of form. It happens.

Putting words in your mouth?

Disagree. Going to be a mainstay in our midfield for years to come. Exceptional player.

Probably the biggest misuse of the word exceptional I've ever seen. Benteke is our only player that can merit such a description. The problem is though, because you've deluded yourself into believing he was exceptional, it must be very difficult to let go of such a dogmatic opinion.

Funny that you mention Con also. As I was about to say the same about you. You are to Westwood, what he is to Bannan.

Edited by Isa

I think Westwood represents Lambert's style and philosophy more than anyone else on the pitch. A left field choice bought in hope that he will progess, and is so eager to be here.  Seems to be a nice person and you hope it will all work out, but on the other hand it could all end in tears. Obviously hoping the former rather than the latter.

I thought you meant recently. Look at the post date. That was said after his good form last season AND a cracking pre-season. I went to every game bar 1 in the UK and saw it first hand.

I've even said that HE'S OUT OF OUT FORM AND ISN'T PLAYING WELL this season. PLEASE READ. You're having an absolute laugh. I've stopped defending him recently because he's been out of form and I've said that over and over and over again. Me like Con?  :crylaugh: . Not even worth a response. 

You slag him off in every thread. You can't help yourself and every post I see you make within relation to our midfield is about Westwood. You must be on the mother of all windups here.

Edited by StefanAVFC

He has been referred to as a playmaker many times on here.

yeah but who ever said playmaking maestro

I thought you meant recently. Look at the post date. That was said after his good form last season AND a cracking pre-season. I went to every game bar 1 in the UK and saw it first hand.

I've even said that HE'S OUT OF OUT FORM AND ISN'T PLAYING WELL this season. PLEASE READ. You're having an absolute laugh. I've stopped defending him recently because he's been out of form and I've said that over and over and over again. Me like Con? :crylaugh: . Not even worth a response.

You slag him off in every thread. You can't help yourself and every post I see you make within relation to our midfield is about Westwood. You must be on the mother of all windups here.

Well you keep whinging that I'm 'slagging off' Westwood but what have I actually said about him that is incorrect? I was one of the first to say that he does little to protect the defence and that there is no point playing him when we don't dominate possession. This was always evident, even when he was supposesly playing 'well' and thankfully nearly everybody agrees with this now. You never actually respond to any of my points anyway. You just whinge that your hero 'Westy' is being criticised.

Edited by Isa

Â