Ratings and Reactions: Villa 0-2 Everton

limpid

Man of the Match  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the match against Everton?

• Guzan
    • Bacuna
    • Vlaar
    • Baker
    • Luna
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Tonev
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Clark
    • Helenius

Gabby and Weimann had the touch of a hippopotamus during that game.

It seems the opposition are saying deny them space with their poor touch and you can stifle their play...this one dimensional counter attacking game we have come to rely on for points will limit our progress.

I understand that the manager can't and doesn't want to spell out our problems, but equally, we can't keep repeating the same mistakes every week.

we also can't keep saying bad day at the office, players injured or off form...or leaves on the rails.

we have won 10 home games in 43, that is simply unacceptable.

we have an indemnic problem that needs attention.

Gabby and Weimann had the touch of a hippopotamus during that game.

It seems the opposition are saying deny them space with their poor touch and you can stifle their play...this one dimensional counter attacking game we have come to rely on for points will limit our progress.

I understand that the manager can't and doesn't want to spell out our problems, but equally, we can't keep repeating the same mistakes every week.

we also can't keep saying bad day at the office, players injured or off form...or leaves on the rails.

we have won 10 home games in 43, that is simply unacceptable.

we have an indemnic problem that needs attention.

Whilst I can accept some of this, although not necesariy agree, i don't see it as particularly relevant or helpful to talk about 43 Home games.....I haven't added up when that goes back to but it is certainly way before Lambert and even further before most of our current First 11 were playing for us.

Having said that it is beyond question we will need to do better at Home to progress further than about half way in the League. The question is, is it tactics or players, or a stifling atmosphere, or all 3. I tend to think a bit of all three - is it fair to compare Saturdays display, which was good and could have easily brought 3 points another day, with the onwe against say Newcastle. To my mind there are different explanations for different results. I also happen to beleive that we are on the right track and had the PL's reign only begun in January, and the previous Managers not made such a pigs ear of it all, we wouldn't maybe be quite so concerned over all ?

I dont share your concern that our front players are that poor withthe ball - they are certainly no worse than other sides who DO win at home - so there is more to it - interestingly enough !!!!

F365  have said about Villa - 'Another home match without a clean sheet, another inept performance that suggests this is a team fit for the Championship. How on earth have they beaten Arsenal and Man City this season?' Nice to see a balanced opinion there. Build them up, knock em down.... I increasingly dislike that website, its full of football hipsters who change opinions week by week. Much like Villa Talk then....

F365  have said about Villa - 'Another home match without a clean sheet, another inept performance that suggests this is a team fit for the Championship. How on earth have they beaten Arsenal and Man City this season?' Nice to see a balanced opinion there. Build them up, knock em down.... I increasingly dislike that website, its full of football hipsters who change opinions week by week. Much like Villa Talk then....

You did know Martin O'Neill sued them when he was in charge of us. Hence why I doubt they'll say anything positive about us.

Nice to see they didn't actually watch the game. It's like something some dim witted small heath supporting slob would write, if they weren't all illiterate.

Edited by villa89

Guzan's kind of always been known as a keeper to let a soft one in.

I think, as a big guy, he has trouble getting down to those sometimes. I remember it beating him more than a few times last season.

Â