Ratings and Reactions: Villa 0-2 Everton

limpid

Man of the Match  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the match against Everton?

• Guzan
    • Bacuna
    • Vlaar
    • Baker
    • Luna
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Tonev
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Clark
    • Helenius

Good first half, poor second half. The same pattern we saw last season really. Another game where Lambert only makes a change when it is too late. He can only react to events, not anticipate them. 

Oh well, Everton spent more then us in the summer so Lambert's apologists will have their excuses ready...

Not true at all, they actually were ~10mil in the green from transfer business.

They managed what we failed to do ..sold star player and built team with the proceeds.Barry and Lukaku on Loan were 2 great signings  

First half good but wasted opportunities second half dog shit.

3 games without a goal is unacceptable. Lambert needs to sort this out ASAP.

Defence actually had a good game but the rest of the team was turd. Gave a away possession far too much.

If Lambert doesn't improve the home form I wouldn't be fussed if he was replaced

I thought we tried to play the right way today but we have two hopelessly out of form strikers and one that is still a bit rusty from a 4-week layoff.

I really lost my nut when Gabby shot straight at Howard from 5 feet away.

I agree that Weimann should be dropped but Gabby also seems to be coasting. Seems to be that he makes 3-4 surging runs per game and is anonymous for the rest of it.

Tonev was a silver lining. If he can cut out the over-ambitious stuff and focus on linking midfield and attack as he did several times in the second half he could be a real bonus for us.

And **** Osman ALWAYS scores against us. It pisses me off so much!

• Like 2

utter wank

really poor from lambert, baker was playing really well vs lukaku so putting him at LB was a shocking decision, the 2nd goal was as bad as anything I think ive ever seen, benteke staying on injured was pointless, gabby playing was pointless, westwood keeping sylla out the team doesn't make sense as he's woefully out of form

worse thing about today (much like liverpool and Newcastle) was I didn't think everton were anything special, we should be getting points from that match, if everyone on the pitch was in form we'd have got something from that match but so many of them aren't

and id never noticed it before but 'kin hell baines knows how to win a free kick, not so much a diver but certainly a fall over when in trouble merchant

I seem to be alone in thinking Tonev was poor - he was largely anonymous in the first half, appearing only fleetingly to give the ball away - he improved in the second half, but I'd be hard pressed to be happier than a shrug.

I thought Vlaar was good today, Delph too, Bacuna worked really hard - we lost something when Luna went off, Baker is a game lad but he's never going to be a winger. The front three huffed and puffed and didn't look like blowing anything down - they're a worry.

Overall, for large parts of that game we controlled things and could have been two or three up by the time Everton scored - if we can start taking our chances, we'll beat people.

Should have left Baker at CB - thought he had lukaku in his pocket - and apart from one slip had a great first half. 

People saying we didn't have a game changer on the bench - we did Ciaran Clark.

I don't understand Tonev - thought he was a winger - he received the ball out wide - with a free run down the flank - and he didn't really look like he knew what to do - he sort of then half ambled down the flank. Later in the 2nd half - he picked up the ball got down the wing - got a decent cross which forced a corner. I thought he was poor but also offered hope at the same time - if you know what I mean.

Weiman was woeful - have we found a flaw in the young and hungry policy ? as he looks set to join Lowton as a not performing player on an increased contract....

Massive Penalty save from Howard and two great stops in 1v1 situations really won it for Everton today, Howard was immense. We couldn't take our chances and it sunk us.

McCarthy should have absolutely seen red and that could have swung the game, so that was a bit shite. 

could have won it, draw would have been fair seeing as we went badly off the boil after starting the second half well. don't think we deserved to lose on teh balance of play but if you miss sitters and penalties it's going to bite you.

delph man of the match again., he deffo didn't deserve to be on the losing side. tonev showed more good than bad for me, and much more promising than he has been. weimann is frustrating, gabby is too, so they both must be off form pretty badly as i really like them. 

we've now played all of the top 6 in the table and beaten a couple of them. we'll get better and our return from an ansane start is good enough to build on. disappointing today that we couldn't take our chances but we're aren't in a crisis or anything.

• Like 2

Â