Sun soccer annual 1982

Dodgyknees

Out of interest, which clubs are featured in it most?

Good question!

A fair bit of Villa, some on Liverpool, a bit on Nayson's hero Garth Crooks, an article on Coventry...

More of a mixture compared to what we would see today.

There is also a fetching Pic of Mark Lawrenson...

A diary if the season 80-81..

May - "Last Saturday of league season sees Aston Villa crowned league champions"

(I wasn't born, will I ever see it for myself.. I doubt it, that hurts)

An article titled "City can be better than United" - it took 300m and 30 years mind!

A DIY world cup chart :-D

Out of interest, which clubs are featured in it most?

Good question!

A fair bit of Villa, some on Liverpool, a bit on Nayson's hero Garth Crooks, an article on Coventry...

More of a mixture compared to what we would see today.

There is also a fetching Pic of Mark Lawrenson...

A diary if the season 80-81..

May - "Last Saturday of league season sees Aston Villa crowned league champions"

(I wasn't born, will I ever see it for myself.. I doubt it, that hurts)

An article titled "City can be better than United" - it took 300m and 30 years mind!

A DIY world cup chart :-D

Interesting, thanks for that.  

My memories of that era are that the tabloids were - like now - very pro London clubs and Man Utd/Liverpool (even though Man Utd weren't much cop).  Great to see Villa on top of the pile on those pages...we'll be back up there again, mark my words.

Edited by McGregor1888

"A diary if the season 80-81..

(I wasn't born, will I ever see it for myself.. I doubt it, that hurts)".

I was there in 80/81 dodgyknees. I was not born in 1909/10 when we had last won the title and back in the late 60s to early 70s I had no reason to think I would see us win the league and my hope back then was that we would get back in the top flight rather than win it. It hurt then and I can fully appreciate that it hurts now but history can repeat itself and I hope it will in the coming years for those like yourself who have yet to see us take the title and for those of us who would rather like to see us do it again.

• Like 2

Â