Idiot assaults the Predator guy on New Street.

The_Rev

Can only see this leading to street performance being banned on health and safety grounds

Huge over-reaction there I think. You don't ban something that's fundamentally harmless because there are inconsiderate idiots out there. You try to catch the idiots. You could literally ban every single outdoor activity if you let the hooligans dictate what was safe and healthy.

yeah, that sort of response would see 30,000 people having to sit down because of a few dozen idiots at every fo.......oh, never mind.

Hang on, if the clip was posted on Facebook surely even West Mid's finest can follow the trail to the perp'?

You are Shaw Taylor I claim my packet of Spangles and  a fruit Jublee

• Like 1

Hang on, if the clip was posted on Facebook surely even West Mid's finest can follow the trail to the perp'?

Police 5, blimey. That takes me back a bit!

:-) - I am older than it sometimes appears  ........

:-) - I am older than it sometimes appears  ........

That's okay, just "keep 'em peeled!"

• Like 1

According to reports the guy was holding a axe that narrowly missed the 5 year old girl that landed on

I sincerely doubt that dude dressed as the predator was carrying an actual, genuine axe (imitation one, probably). I've got a feeling carrying axes about on the streets may not be deemed overly legal.

• Like 1

Huge over-reaction there I think. You don't ban something that's fundamentally harmless because there are inconsiderate idiots out there. You try to catch the idiots. You could literally ban every single outdoor activity if you let the hooligans dictate what was safe and healthy.

It's the UK, the home of Health and Safety and Racism over reactions. I expect all street performers to have to pass 164 different health and saftey critieria before they can register with the government department of street, road and pedestrian walkway performance artists and then pass a two year waiting period before they can apply for a licence to perform to groups of no more than 5 people in small to medium sized urban areas.

• Like 1

Pretty much me, Ginko, GarethMIA and Czechlad should cosplay up and draw this monster out of hiding, in the hope he would attack again. Then beat his ass whilst dressed as the Bubblegum Crisis girls.

Bubblegum.Crisis.full.379614.jpg

I hated it till I went to a super hero fancy dress night and had a fun night with Catwoman...

(10 years ago, jebus)

Well that's kinda my point. I used to think the term 'cosplay' had an inherent sexual undertone to it which would be understandable given that there wasn't a word specifically for that, but now it appears it's just a general word for fancy dress.

I hated it till I went to a super hero fancy dress night and had a fun night with Catwoman...

(10 years ago, jebus)

Well that's kinda my point. I used to think the term 'cosplay' had an inherent sexual undertone to it which would be understandable given that there wasn't a word specifically for that, but now it appears it's just a general word for fancy dress.

Yes'sir I agree - its used for fancy dress a lot more than it should be. It should only be used for Clara Oswald in a skin tight outfit on all fours. :-)

I'm taking my kids to a Dr Who thing in about a month. The place will be rammed with 'Cosplay' types. For the rest of you, you should find the internet a little quicker on that weekend. For me, I want  some sort of identifier that shows I'm not a sci fi geek / nerd type.

I considered a tee shirt that boldly stated 'I'm just here for the kids', but I've thought better of it.

Perhaps a scowl and a purposeful walk will make people realise I'm not to be engaged in conversation about warp drives or robots.

I'm taking my kids to a Dr Who thing in about a month. The place will be rammed with 'Cosplay' types. For the rest of you, you should find the internet a little quicker on that weekend. For me, I want some sort of identifier that shows I'm not a sci fi geek / nerd type.

I considered a tee shirt that boldly stated 'I'm just here for the kids', but I've thought better of it.

Perhaps a scowl and a purposeful walk will make people realise I'm not to be engaged in conversation about warp drives or robots.

I'm a huge nerd. I don't even hide it, I have thick rimmed glasses and write about nerdy things for a nerdy website!

Â