• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Kozak
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke (for Kozak 61)
    • Sylla (for El Ahmadi 72)
    • Tonev (for Agbonlahor 79)

Boring game really, left after 80 mins. Getting fed up with these home performances. Feels like a chore going to villa park now days.

Its felt like a chore going to Villa Park for about 5 years!

• Like 2

Are you a team who need a win?

Are you a team who can't score from open play?

Are you a team who can't win away from home?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then we want to here from YOU!

At villa park finance we like to help those who can't help themselves, for just a small fee* we will help put your away day troubles behind you

- ask about our "comical defending package" if you have a striker struggling in front of goal we promise to do all we can to help, from slack marking to scoring own goals, we do the lot

Ask about our "diabolical set peice" package, from time to time we at villa park will occasionally win a corner or a free kick, we promise that this will not be a problem to defend with our "floated corner & free kick package"

in the unlikely event Aston villa win at home, we will do our best to piss our gains up the wall in the next game

*small fee is based on circa 2000 away fans buying tickets. Subject to change

Villa park - helping away teams since 2009.

• Like 4

I thought we actually had them a bit rattled in the first 15 minutes or so and Lloris was having a complete 'mare. But could we capitalise on that and score? No. Did Gabby miss a good opportunity in front of goal? Yes. Did we then let them back into the game by conceding a really really stupid soft goal? Yes.

Think I could have written that script beforehand. 

Thought Delph was good and Bacuna good going forward. Tonev looked lively when he came on. Whole defence a joke as usual. Benteke a bit rusty. 

Phwoar, that Townsend is a bit good, isn't he?

Guzan 7- Two sharp saves.

Bacuna 7.5- Solid. Effective defensively and looks like he knows what he is doing with the ball.

Vlaar 6- Untroubled.

Baker 6- Didn't look as solid as Clark has in recent games.

Luna 7.5- He's really useful going forwards.

Delph 8.5*- Not everything came off, but this guy looks a step above everyone else. It's a shame he didn't get involved more early on.

El Ahmadi 4- Lacks conviction in so many areas of his game.

Westwood 6- Needs to do a lot more for me. Became involved too late on.

Agbonlahor 6.5- Never really effective.

Weimann 5- I'm surprised how much his level of performance has dropped this season. Wasteful.

Kozak 4- Either players don't have confidence in him to do the things Benteke does, or he does not make himself available enough.

Benteke- Made himself available as a target man, sometimes all you need to do.

Sylla- Deserves a start, if only on the evidence of last season and the ineffectiveness of Westwood and KEA.

Tonev- Bright.

I felt Spurs were always too solid, and disappointingly we set up against them in much the way we did in the League Cup, which produced a very similar performance. I'm really not sure that sitting off so much at home in the first half is the way forward. We were a goal down against Liverpool, Newcastle, Spurs (LC), Man City and Spurs at half time. Admittedly, good opposition, but It simply cannot keep happening. It's wasteful of our attacking potential and it sucks crowd atmosphere.

Edited by tommo

Think there are some massive overreactions in here. I don't think we were great by any stretch but we weren't that bad either.

We were terrible.

Absolutely no penetration going forward, couldn't hold onto the ball and then the obligatory hoof from Guzan to Benteke which again lost possession.

We have a limited manager who apart from Benteke has wasted more millions on players better served in the Championship. 

Think there are some massive overreactions in here. I don't think we were great by any stretch but we weren't that bad either.

We were terrible.

Absolutely no penetration going forward, couldn't hold onto the ball and then the obligatory hoof from Guzan to Benteke which again lost possession.

We have a limited manager who apart from Benteke has wasted more millions on players better served in the Championship. 

Yawn.

Phwoar, that Townsend is a bit good, isn't he?

Not as good as he's being made out to be IMO.

Yet if he had been our player you and others would be drooling over him.  

Not saying he isn't a good player, I just don't think he'll keep it up all season.

Three things stand out for me from today's game, 1) the same old formation problems, still unable to find the formation that actually works at home, 4-3-3 didn't work today (midfield is lightweight to say the least) so I wonder what we will see on Saturday against Everton, hopefully 4-2-3-1. 2) Certain players e.g. Westwood, KEA and Weimann just not pushing their weight and again Lambert dropping a clanger not playing CB from the start, Kozak looks nothing worth the 7m we paid for him, I'll give it to him he is still trying to find his way but he doesn't look like another Benteke IMHO.

Spurs weren't anything special, fluky first goal, Guzan did had to make a couple of world-class saves, but they did score a classy second; will probably finish 3rd this season.

Edited by Avflife

frustrating, don't think spurs played that well but we gave townsend far too much respect, fluked a goal, thought bringing on lennon secured them the points, pushed bacuna back just when he was really getting in to it and gave them more options on the counter, it was a great sub

for us, too much shit shooting from miles out, kozak was utter wank, defensively luna wasn't much better, delph was superb again, lots of bottling tackles and not challenging for headers IMO we didn't have anyone who could do a number on sandro, he was my MOTM not that anyone in the media will look past townsend, he either rmopped up or won everything

and it was great to see phil dowd hasn't lost his reffing ability as well as his weight

It's arguable that we deserved a point from this. Much better effort in the second half, but Spurs are the better side, had most of the possession, and it paid off for them. 

Not too upset, because we played with integrity, but just lost to the better team.

• Like 1

Â