61 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best Bond?

• Sir Sean Connery
    • George Lazenby
    • Sir Roger Moore
    • Timothy Dalton
    • Pierce Brosnan
    • Daniel Craig

As a result of my disagreement with Sir Roger Moore being the best Bond I thought I'd open it up to the floor (apologies if this has been done before).

I think Connery wins hands down due to him most closely representing Bond as Flemming intended - I also think Craig has potential and is the best Bond since Moore.

Feel free to agree / disagree and explain your reasoning....

Me I go for Connery every time but if we're talking representing Bond as Fleming intended then thats surely Craig

spot on Gareth.

closest Bond portrayal as was intended by Fleming's books. A harder, colder, more realistic and life affected Bond.

The other Bonds were just a bit too "plastic" for me, a bit too cartoon- characterish (especially Moore)

Basing it only on "official" (Eon) films. Hence no Niven etc.... Point of note - Niven gets a metion in the Fleming book "You only live twice" as the only man who treated Kissy Suzuki with respect whilst she was in Hollywood - hence she names her diving cormorant after him - nice touch.

Craig definately represents Bond as Fleming intended - although Connery has the advantage of being Scottish...i do like Craig though.

I love chocolate. George Lazenby's claim to fame was that he was "Big Fry" on the ads, in his suit, bringing home big loads of Fry's chocolate. I can't even remember the film he was in. After about 20 minutes of film I had to leave the cinema and get a lot of chocolate. Accidental subliminal advertising perhaps, because it had to be Fry's Five Boys and Fry's Turkish Delight. Far more fun than watching some shit film about spies.

As a result of my disagreement with Sir Roger Moore being the best Bond I thought I'd open it up to the floor (apologies if this has been done before).

I think Connery wins hands down due to him most closely representing Bond as Flemming intended - I also think Craig has potential and is the best Bond since Moore.

Feel free to agree / disagree and explain your reasoning....

You pretty much summed up my stand!

Always remember one reviewer bigging up Daniel Craigs bond stating words similar to .......'He is the 1st Bond since Connery that looks if he could do you some real damage' (A good description of Ian Flemmings intended Bond)

The only two real candidates and since the former cannot be truely judged/compared on a single performance there is only 1 winner!

Bob Holness

was only Bond on the radio guess it's hard for him to compete in that sense

Craig for me , by far the best Bond actor based on his performance so far , helped make it by far the best Bond film so far by a country mile

Â