Getting a half-season ticket tomorrow...

StigVillan

my first game was a newcastle loss when we were in the second division, 0-2 i think. still got the bug though, my feet didn't touch the floor al the way down the holte stairs coming out, just picked up and carried by the crowd! (i was very young)

Got it yesterday, confirmation email came through this morning. Delighted.

Intriguing debate for me as an 'outsider' looking on - moving down from Teesside to Erdington by the end of November.

I must admit that I have a slowly developing passion for Villa, but I already feel a closer affinity to them than I had expected. Given that the wife and brother in law are avid fans, that's likely to grow further when we get down there and I can immerse myself.

Really looking forward to it.

Who have you been supporting up until now ?

Got it yesterday, confirmation email came through this morning. Delighted.

Intriguing debate for me as an 'outsider' looking on - moving down from Teesside to Erdington by the end of November.

I must admit that I have a slowly developing passion for Villa, but I already feel a closer affinity to them than I had expected. Given that the wife and brother in law are avid fans, that's likely to grow further when we get down there and I can immerse myself.

Really looking forward to it.

Who have you been supporting up until now ?

Nobody really.

Had a passing interest in Hartlepool United as I live very close by, but that has been fleeting and nothing like a love affair.

Not like this.

It's a cracking place to live, but it's time to move on and start a new life in Brum with my wife and daughters.

Apparently, the term monkey simply referred to the fact that the guy hanged was probably a cannon powder monkey - the lad who held the cannon balls before loading or supplied the ordinance and powder.

So we killed a monkey yes, but probably just a Napoleon era powder monkey.

I agree with what your saying to a degree but no other club has such a dip in attendances than we do, our prices are really cheap so sell outs or their abouts should be a lot more often, its always been the same though I think at the villa, definately going to consider getting a season ticket in north stand lower next season as its cheap as chips

Other clubs do have a dip in attendances, outside of the top clubs.

Last season we had nearly 14,000 difference between our lowest attendance in the league (reading) and the end of season sell outs v chelsea and liverpool. I would say there are very few clubs with that swing. Maybe the Sheffield clubs, Leeds, and perhaps dare I mention them again, Bradford , but thats it I reckon. I have to grit my teeth when opposing fans say our ground is too big for us.

Last season we had nearly 14,000 difference between our lowest attendance in the league (reading) and the end of season sell outs v chelsea and liverpool. I would say there are very few clubs with that swing. Maybe the Sheffield clubs, Leeds, and perhaps dare I mention them again, Bradford , but thats it I reckon. I have to grit my teeth when opposing fans say our ground is too big for us.

back in the glory years, the early 80's we swung from 48k to 28k frequently. nothing has changed

It's a cracking place to live, but it's time to move on and start a new life in Brum with my wife and daughters.

Apparently, the term monkey simply referred to the fact that the guy hanged was probably a cannon powder monkey - the lad who held the cannon balls before loading or supplied the ordinance and powder.

I read that too but I prefer the real monkey version, it's funny, whereas the young lad version is a little depressing.

• Like 1

I read that too but I prefer the real monkey version, it's funny, whereas the young lad version is a little depressing.

True.

A bit of mystique to the town.

back in the glory years, the early 80's we swung from 48k to 28k frequently. nothing has changed

Yes but this is 2013. Newcastle, Sunderland, West Ham  or Everton do not have such swings as us. I doubt we will get more than 34,000 in next week.

Â