Getting a half-season ticket tomorrow...

StigVillan

Take a look at the Paul Lambert thread atm for a bit of rampant pessimism! 

Haha that is down to only one member though :P no it isn't me before you asked. Thinking of getting an HST for my other half, instead of spending monies buying tickets every individual match-day, need to see what prices are saying first.

Prices are not tempting enough for me sorry. If you are not fussed where you go at Villa you can get tickets for about 15 quid on viagogo for matches. Looking at the online ticket sales Spurs looks like a long way from a sellout. I just fear that since the recession there has been a whole load of fans who have stopped going and just now go to the odd game and watch the rest on a internet stream/dodgy pub. I know we are very competitive in comparsion to the maddness a lot of Premier League sides charge, but filling the ground is a big problem at Villa. They need to look at pricing strategies and marketing. Birmingham is the youngest city in europe, it is time to tap into this latent support .To powerphase billy walker the villa need to get the next generation of claret and blue through the great gates of this great  football club. Reality is better than the digital world.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Villa are one of the cheapest around, what prices are you looking at to try and tempt you back? I think they try very hard when they offer the family deals, cuts in ticket prices. But they still don't sell out, I think theres more to it than ££ of why we don't sell out anymore.

We really do struggle to sell out games now even when their big games, I don't know what it is, you cannot fault our prices that's for sure, is our fanbase just not as loyal as others? I know most clubs class us as really fickle fans and its true to a degree I think, it will be interesting to see how many buy these half season tickets

We really do struggle to sell out games now even when their big games, I don't know what it is, you cannot fault our prices that's for sure, is our fanbase just not as loyal as others? I know most clubs class us as really fickle fans and its true to a degree I think, it will be interesting to see how many buy these half season tickets

Think its a factor of investment from Randy, his decision to appoint McLeish, not winning at home. Think PF is pushing for standing areas so they can decrease match tickets further so the club are trying to make match prices reasonable IMO.

I agree with what your saying to a degree but no other club has such a dip in attendances than we do, our prices are really cheap so sell outs or their abouts should be a lot more often, its always been the same though I think at the villa, definately going to consider getting a season ticket in north stand lower next season as its cheap as chips

We really do struggle to sell out games now even when their big games, I don't know what it is

seriously ?

here's a clue, the complete dumbing down of expectations by the club. if the casual supporter doesn't think the club are interested in achieving anything on the pitch anymore (except aiming for mid table as some kind of trophy) then he/she wont bother coming, its quite simple really

it's been drilled into everyone for seasons now that we can no longer compete, we've even gone as far as claiming we're doing well by just staying up now (despite spending nearly 40m over two seasons) and i even read a quote on here this week that Lambert's methods work 'as proven last season'

yes, last season when we managed to confirm our Premier League status by the skin of our teeth, a proper triumph for the Lambert way!

but lets not pretend we've ever had a solid 38-42k hardcore supporter base because we never have, it's more like 25k and then casual supporters on top of that. it was no different when we were actually winning the league never mind sweating just to stay in it

I have said it before but the year we averaged 40,000 under O'Neill (the only time since the 1940s) the ticket prices were brillant. You could get a ticket in the North lower from £10 to £13 (big money) for the top matches. It is not a direct correlation I know but once they put the prices up, the crowds went down.  That was the year I really thought they have cracked it and we could look forward to big crowds every match down at Villa, but not to be.

I agree with what your saying to a degree but no other club has such a dip in attendances than we do, our prices are really cheap so sell outs or their abouts should be a lot more often, its always been the same though I think at the villa, definately going to consider getting a season ticket in north stand lower next season as its cheap as chips

Other clubs do have a dip in attendances, outside of the top clubs.

We really do struggle to sell out games now even when their big games, I don't know what it is

seriously ?

here's a clue, the complete dumbing down of expectations by the club. if the casual supporter doesn't think the club are interested in achieving anything on the pitch anymore (except aiming for mid table as some kind of trophy) then he/she wont bother coming, its quite simple really

it's been drilled into everyone for seasons now that we can no longer compete, we've even gone as far as claiming we're doing well by just staying up now (despite spending nearly 40m over two seasons) and i even read a quote on here this week that Lambert's methods work 'as proven last season'

yes, last season when we managed to confirm our Premier League status by the skin of our teeth, a proper triumph for the Lambert way!

but lets not pretend we've ever had a solid 38-42k hardcore supporter base because we never have, it's more like 25k and then casual supporters on top of that. it was no different when we were actually winning the league never mind sweating just to stay in it

we all have our own opinion but yes I really don't get why we don't average bigger crowds, the amount of stay away fans even when were doing well is unreal, and yes I know that we only averaged 32k or something like that when we won the league, I get that we no longer are a club who are going to challenge but some of the crowds we get are piss poor but that's just my opinion, don't you think we should have a solid hardcore fanbase of around 38k because I do, maybe we just are not as well supported as I think we are

Got it yesterday, confirmation email came through this morning. Delighted.

Intriguing debate for me as an 'outsider' looking on - moving down from Teesside to Erdington by the end of November.

I must admit that I have a slowly developing passion for Villa, but I already feel a closer affinity to them than I had expected. Given that the wife and brother in law are avid fans, that's likely to grow further when we get down there and I can immerse myself.

Really looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Got it yesterday, confirmation email came through this morning. Delighted.

Intriguing debate for me as an 'outsider' looking on - moving down from Teesside to Erdington by the end of November.

I must admit that I have a slowly developing passion for Villa, but I already feel a closer affinity to them than I had expected. Given that the wife and brother in law are avid fans, that's likely to grow further when we get down there and I can immerse myself.

Really looking forward to it.

where you sitting

Enjoy that first game, you will never forget your first time on the Holte End.

Better than losing your virginity.

I've been in there with my brother in law on two occasions as he previously had a season ticket in the Doug Ellis, then moved. 

The last game I went to was over a year ago now like.

To have a seat and know that that's MY SEAT will feel very, very special indeed.

Â