What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

On 06/08/2021 at 10:40, StefanAVFC said:

I always wanted to get a weekend runner. I love Corvettes; I can get one over here for not that expensive but I imagine it'll always be broken.

The latest one is meant to be really good and relatively cheap or do you want an old one? 

Its something I want to do whilst living abroad and driving on the wrong side of the road, loads of mustangs, camaros and a few dodges here, absolutely tons of porsches but they're not my thing 

If I was back in the UK and sorted a normal family car I'd probably try and talk my wife in to letting me look at an abarth again but I think they've gone up in price 

Mrs Sidcow has just ordered a new A6. I pointed out that she'll likely have an electric car after this which will be an automatic so why insist on a manual now?  May as well just take the plunge. 

It's only £15 more per month than an A4 so why not.  She really didn't fancy dropping down to a VW confessing it was a bit of a snobby decision😂😂.  As a VW driver myself I took offence at that! 

Hell of a lot more than her current A6 though which was a ludicrous deal. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Where do I pay.

th?id=OIP.SlyC1noBBQzCnlus_0f1DwHaEK&pid=1.7&w=402&h=224&c=8&dpr=1.5

Still 4 years away, pretty cool looking though. We'll see how competitively they can price it.

I still really like this cute little thing as a city car

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jEUQbj4uXe-g_vqL41MFFAHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1

£28,000 for a car like that, though, and that's the basic model, it just doesn't make sense. If you want a nippy and practical hatchback, you can pick up a Fiesta ST-3 for a few grand less than that.

Edited by Davkaus

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I wonder if they will try and make it even slightly difficult to steal. 

Like the others, it’ll have the highest thatcham rating… problem is the thieves are getting cleverer and these cars are worth a lot of money. You’re not gonna risk getting nicked hacking a Dacia Duster are you :lol: 

I remember reading a while back that the hardest new car to steal was…. a Vauxhall Corsa. Why? Because it was the only new car on the market that didn’t have a keyless entry option.

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

I remember reading a while back that the hardest new car to steal was…. a Vauxhall Corsa. Why? Because it was the only new car on the market that didn’t have a keyless entry option.

I can't believe car manufacturer's aren't being held responsible for this tbh. It's been an incredibly well-publicised method of car theft for donkeys' years.

I've never owned a car with it because I like my older cars, and I know there are steps owners can take to protect themselves, but it really does put me off buying a more modern car. For such a small quality of life increase, I really don't think it's worth the trade off. I've never once thought "**** me, turning that key was taxing, I wish I'd walked".

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can't believe car manufacturer's aren't being held responsible for this tbh. It's been an incredibly well-publicised method of car theft for donkeys' years.

I've never owned a car with it because I like my older cars, and I know there are steps owners can take to protect themselves, but it really does put me off buying a more modern car. For such a small quality of life increase, I really don't think it's worth the trade off. I've never once thought "**** me, turning that key was taxing, I wish I'd walked".

My car has no keyless entry, but does have keyless start. The best of both worlds

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Beautiful. Always wanted a DB7 but I've never driven one. When shall I pop over for a go? ;) 

Will drop you a pm if goes to plan and you are more than welcome 🙏 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I've had my eye on this beauty for a few days, and I'm sorely tempted

a584ead19dc84a86ad8ccf6e07d5d77a.jpg

Perfect family car. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

For the first year or two, the kid can go in the boot with a torch.

That's what gloveboxes and footwells are for. 

Give it two years and you'll be driving a Citroen Picasso ;) 

My brother in law used to customise Beetles, the whole engine sticking out of the bonnet thing. 

A few years ago he built a beach buggy.  Had some twin pipes he needed to blank off and found a sherwoods curry jar lid fitted them perfectly. 

He put a VW Camper Van engine in the back of it, with the fibreglass body it weighed nothing.  He was supposed to put a concrete block in the front to weigh it down but didn't bother.  If he put his foot down he could do wheelies in it. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Â