What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

Has anyone got a Passatt with the 1.5 litre petrol turbo engine? 

Mrs Sidcow is having to change her A6 for an A4 as A6 now only come as automatics and she really wants a manual. 

The Passatt is bigger and great value on a lease but only in the 1.5 engine.  Although it's the same BHP at the 2 litre Audi I'm just thinking the Turbo reliance plus extra size of it might leave it a little unwieldy at times. 

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Has anyone got a Passatt with the 1.5 litre petrol turbo engine? 

Mrs Sidcow is having to change her A6 for an A4 as A6 now only come as automatics and she really wants a manual. 

The Passatt is bigger and great value on a lease but only in the 1.5 engine.  Although it's the same BHP at the 2 litre Audi I'm just thinking the Turbo reliance plus extra size of it might leave it a little unwieldy at times. 

Mrs has got an Audi Q2 and just ordered a T-roc (slightly bigger I think) with the same engine, its a fantastic engine, feels like a 2.0L, will pull a Passat no problem.

edit, just found this.....

With 148 BHP, the turbocharged 1.5 Litre 16v Inline 4 petrol engine accelerates this Passat 1.5 TSI EVO to 62 mph in 8.7 seconds and on to a maximum speed of 137 mph. Having a kerb weight of 1425 kg, it achieves 47.3 mpg on average and can travel 686 miles before requiring a refill of its 66 litre capacity fuel tank.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm interesting, I’d spotted the Passat currently looks like good value.

Is it due a model change or something? I’ve been on a couple of sites and there’s not much between a Golf and a Passat.

The major downside for me would be lack of a hatchback. Not sure I could be doing with an old school boot, but the Passat is playing on my mind.

1.5 petrol does look like the pick.

Just cancelled our id3 fully electric, 4th time now it has been delayed, ordered April, should have had June then July, now told hopefully end of August, but we can't wait. It was for the Mrs and she was getting a little charging anxiety anyway, so no big loss, I think I wanted it more than her.  So we have just ordered a Skoda Kamiq, same as T-roc really, stock car so we can have it next week, cheaper too, which always helps, that's the 1.5 petrol turbo, good engine, always look forward to a new car, Mrs ain't that bothered though.

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Just cancelled our id3 fully electric, 4th time now it has been delayed, ordered April, should have had June then July, now told hopefully end of August, but we can't wait. It was for the Mrs and she was getting a little charging anxiety anyway, so no big loss, I think I wanted it more than her.  So we have just ordered a Skoda Kamiq, same as T-roc really, stock car so we can have it next week, cheaper too, which always helps, that's the 1.5 petrol turbo, good engine, always look forward to a new car, Mrs ain't that bothered though.

Dealers are taking orders and lying about lead times to get ya. There is a worldwide shortage of some kind of microchip used in cars that's affecting industry lead times badly. 

Buying from stock is the answer unless the wait doesn't matter.

Kamiq looks great. We have a vw and an audi, the difference between them, skoda and seat isn't worth talking about. If the deal was right I'd have a any of them. Infact, I really do like the skoda crossovers more then the others. Kodiak karok kamig👌

• Like 1

My understanding is that if you order from stock then its more likely that they'll negotiate better dealer contribution 

For my last car audi threw in some more and the only change was going from red brake calipers to black 

What was a first for me was the guy in halesowen showed me his stock list and said do you want any of these I've got to shift them before the next quarter, the answer was no thanks but it was a big list 

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

My understanding is that if you order from stock then its more likely that they'll negotiate better dealer contribution 

For my last car audi threw in some more and the only change was going from red brake calipers to black 

What was a first for me was the guy in halesowen showed me his stock list and said do you want any of these I've got to shift them before the next quarter, the answer was no thanks but it was a big list 

The Skoda we just bought I got a right deal, guy was straight with us, told us he needed figures for the end of the month. We was looking at a middle of the range model, went to walk and think about it, as you do, he then showed us a top spec Monte Carlo model with all the toys for extra 1k, then when I said I'll let him know next week, he said if we can give him the order now he will knock the grand off, so I went for it. Got a fully loaded Kamiq Monte Carlo, for what we was going to pay for a SE plus and delivery next week, job done.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The Skoda we just bought I got a right deal, guy was straight with us, told us he needed figures for the end of the month. We was looking at a middle of the range model, went to walk and think about it, as you do, he then showed us a top spec Monte Carlo model with all the toys for extra 1k, then when I said I'll let him know next week, he said if we can give him the order now he will knock the grand off, so I went for it. Got a fully loaded Kamiq Monte Carlo, for what we was going to pay for a SE plus and delivery next week, job done.

Damn, no likes.

Well done pal, that will be a cracking motor.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 10:38, Phil Silvers said:

Any current/past VW group car owners had a crack at dieselgate emmisions scandal compensation claims yet?

Keep thinking I should. I’ve gone Audi, VW, Audi VW in the last 12 years or so. Then again, I never pursued ppi either so I’m betting I won’t bother with this either.  

My missus has a fabia monte carlo 1.4 petrol and although its a bit small for me long term, i love driving it. My 1.7 ix35 is loads bigger of course but its sluggish in comparison being a diesel.

Am really impressed by Skoda that i might go for one of their crossovers

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Keep thinking I should. I’ve gone Audi, VW, Audi VW in the last 12 years or so. Then again, I never pursued ppi either so I’m betting I won’t bother with this either.  

I'm waiting a little to see what the craic is. What sort of payouts, if its thousands i will, if its not worth the hassle I won't bother. 

• 2 weeks later...

Car people of VT. Am I imagining this or did Lamborghini do a weird basic everyday affordable car back in the day. Maybe golf sized? 80s/90s. I may be confusing this with another brand that has a similar looking badge? I definitely haven’t dreamt the car. I may have got the Lambo part wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Car people of VT. Am I imagining this or did Lamborghini do a weird basic everyday affordable car back in the day. Maybe golf sized? 80s/90s. I may be confusing this with another brand that has a similar looking badge? I definitely haven’t dreamt the car. I may have got the Lambo part wrong. 

Yep, farmers loved it.

See the source image

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Aston Martin did the Cygnet around 2010/11 purely for legal / average CO2 tax reasons.

On 02/08/2021 at 22:23, Ingram85 said:

Not Lambo. All their cars have been supercars, with the odd SUVin there. 

Think the Aston Martin Cygnet, as mentioned could be the one you are thinking of?

Porsche did a 'cheaper' car - the 924, which was basically a rejected VW/Audi design. 

Not that i'm looking to change my car anytime soon, but when I do, i'm leaning going towards full on word removed with a big 4x4. Something like an X5 or X6. 

Quite fancy the higher driving position.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

See the source image

It's not imminent. My current wheels may last for a few more years.

My mind wonders sometimes. When it was baking hot the other week, I was looking at cheap SLKs! 

Â