What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

20 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Prob go petrol for that many miles and I'd consider finding on of them 7 year warranty cars if can, although there is a mileage cap on most/all.

If you don't mind sharing, what budget are we talking.

£20k budget, looking at Range Rover Evoque (or Audi Q5) or something similar in a premium brand.

Happy to have a car around 3 years old to get it within budget.

Ideally, I’d like it to be fully electric, but none of those premium brands do that sort of car within my budget.

Edited by ender4

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

£20k budget, looking at Range Rover Evoque (or Audi Q5) or something similar in a premium brand.

Ideally, I’d like it to be fully electric, but none of those premium brands do that sort of car within my budget.

Ah, I see why tougher to find petrol/elec if looking at suv. Only one I can think of that fits the bill apart from the badge prestige is Mitsubishi Outlander.

34 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Some older Evoques for about £15k with a Petrol engine. Stick a private plate on it and you’re sorted.

• Thanks 1

Do 5k miles per annum and want to spend £20k?

I'd buy an older VW / Audi hatch and put £10k-£15k in the stock market! :)

Then again i'm an old miser with money! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Xela said:

Do 5k miles per annum and want to spend £20k?

I'd buy an older VW / Audi hatch and put £10k-£15k in the stock market! :)

Then again i'm an old miser with money! 

I’ll keep the car for around 7 years so it’s £2.5k a year. 

I’ve had my current car for 8 years now!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’ll keep the car for around 7 years so it’s £2.5k a year. 

I’ve had my current car for 8 years now!

:) 

Mind you, had mine approaching 4 years(its 14 years old now). Cost me £4.5k - they now sell for about £6k! 

If you keep anything long enough it becomes a classic :D 

• Haha 1

Need to start looking for a new car soon due to the 'Clean Air Zone' coming into Birmingham. Currently have a diesel '54 plate Golf, 2.0L SDI. Gets the job done, especially since I'm starting a new job in Leamington Spa, so the car would be perfect for the long journeys. But eventually will have to move on. 

12 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

Need to start looking for a new car soon due to the 'Clean Air Zone' coming into Birmingham. Currently have a diesel '54 plate Golf, 2.0L SDI. Gets the job done, especially since I'm starting a new job in Leamington Spa, so the car would be perfect for the long journeys. But eventually will have to move on. 

I do quite like the MK4 Golf. When I was temping in around 1999-2000 I was given a new GTI as a company car! As my personal car was a Vauxhall Cavalier at the time it was a nice change. 

My current car has a version of the R32 engine in. 

22 hours ago, ender4 said:

Breakdown.... You should memorise that word if you get anything from JLR unless it's got an bullet proof warranty. My sister works for them and has gone through about 3 in little over 4 years. 

I used to have an i3, currently got an Audi A3 e-Tron. My daily is a carerra though. Hybrid too. Just rode it 12 miles round trip and I'm finished! Sits proudly on 700-25c tires . Noice.

13 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

I used to commute there from Stafford. That was a killer. I spent ages trying different routes. 

10 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I used to commute there from Stafford. That was a killer. I spent ages trying different routes. 

I literally live 2 minutes drive from the motorway so shouldn't be too bad, about 45 minutes each way.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xela said:

I do quite like the MK4 Golf. When I was temping in around 1999-2000 I was given a new GTI as a company car! As my personal car was a Vauxhall Cavalier at the time it was a nice change. 

My current car has a version of the R32 engine in. 

I do love the shape of it compared to the newer Golfs, especially with black paint and tinted windows. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone got any insight on the Jeep Compass? I've been driving a Tiguan for the last three years and have quite enjoyed having an SUV. Looking at replacing it now and trying to find a suitable alternative. Ideally I'd have a Q5 but I think that's stretching my budget a bit too far. 

• 3 weeks later...
Â