What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You poor guy. What do you normally drive?

Tiguan. According to the insurance company, this is a like-for-like replacement. Course it is mate, like that's what you'd give me if you weren't charging it back to the other person's insurance.

5 minutes ago, choffer said:

Tiguan. According to the insurance company, this is a like-for-like replacement. Course it is mate, like that's what you'd give me if you weren't charging it back to the other person's insurance.

I’ve got the 320 version. Wasn’t a fan of BMW but liked the look of this one. Now I have it I love them!  Such a nice drive.

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve got the 320 version. Wasn’t a fan of BMW but liked the look of this one. Now I have it I love them!  Such a nice drive.

I might be looking at one next time I change. Once I got rid of the A5 coupé, I presumed I'd just be driving dad cars from now on but I'm really enjoying the 330.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i find the cab boring personally, had a 420 which I think is a great looking car but the inside was tired, now got an audi which blows it out of the water for quality 

The one I've got has all the goodies but the interior is the reason I've always much preferred Audi to BMW. Doubt I'd get one with all the toys within my price range though but I've only had the VW for 18 months so I'm a way off thinking seriously about it. 

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I know you must be bored of it, but it does just look so Breaking Bad.

I’m sat here now, thinking of you in the desert in your underpants.

It is a little, I think that's what attracted me in the first place. It's excellent meth prep area. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/08/2019 at 22:44, peterms said:

1970-citroen-ds-21-sedan.jpg

Then get one of these, while you still can.

Love old Citroens. They always made batshit crazy, yet stylish cars. The DS as above, the SM, CX, GS, GSA, 2CV and even the BX and XM. 

Nowadays, modern Citroens look awful. 

Edited by Xela

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 20:22, chrisp65 said:

Hyundai update:

Had the car 2 years and 2 months, petrol automatic, average mpg in all that time: 70mpg

Deal is up in 10 months, so I’ve got 10 months to find something that does better than that...

How on earth do to manage to average 70mpg from a petrol over a period of 26 months????

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

How on earth do to manage to average 70mpg from a petrol over a period of 26 months????

Hyundai Ioniq, its a middling sized anonymous family car, 1600cc hybrid.

The ‘official’ figure is something like 73mpg average. The sales guy told me depending on driving style I’d get anything between 55 to 75mpg. So I’ve learned not to race off one red light to get to the next red light first. Basically, if you race between junctions in town, that’ll use petrol. If you do it smooth, it’ll do it on electric. It’s your choice, depending how fast you want to get to the back of the next queue. I’ve learned not to drive down hill with my foot resting on the accelerator. Nothing drastic, it still gets 4 people to London in a rush, it still commutes. Just driving a bit smoother than the Audi boys.

• Like 1

We sit at home watching the news of global warming and countries arguing over oil and our kids getting asthma because of the pollution outside school. We tut at the tv screen because Brazil is burning its forest.

Then we jump in the car and burn extra fuel to get to work 3 minutes quicker.

The advert for the electric hybrid Golf sells it as having a battery boost so it can accelerate quicker.

We’re all complete dickheads really.

• Like 2

Â