What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

41 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I think they got it about £200 cheaper than the online quote once I'd spoken to them. I'd say get a general idea from Carwow and then ask a few brokers what they can do for your chosen car and spec. Skoda and SEAT seem very keen to give big discounts at the moment.

That's 2 I'm seriously looking at, think they've both got offers which run till the 23rd but I'll have to see what happens to the price in Feb.

My Aygo (2010) is making some pretty strange noises lately.  It appears to be coming from the rear end, almost like a hissing sound at times (but not all of the time).  I'm thinking it might be the wheel bearings - I've checked the tyres and they are fine. I'm not sure it is the brakes either as I would have thought that they would have made a noise constantly (especially when braking).  This is why I'm now glad they force us to use hire cars for longish trips :( 

On 1/19/2017 at 12:43, Stevo985 said:

You'll almost certainly get it cheaper than that at a local garage.

However, if you have a warranty or a lease deal or something with VW then using a local garage may void that. It might not, but it's something worth checking.

Usually you have to use a garage that provide "VW Approved Parts" (or something like that)

You can use any garage that uses approved parts, without voiding any warranty.  They put a stop to the practice of making you use approved dealerships a while ago.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

[16_F150_LTD_78FrntPassLogHome_HR.jpg

My truck had a computer chip fry, so the dealer has had to keep mine.

He gave me a 2017 F150 platinum for a loaner.....HOLY SMOKES, this thing is like a damn Rolls!!

quiet ride despite V8, captains leather chairs heated and cooled, electronic running board that comes out, double sunroof, automatic main beam on/off, rain sensing wipers.

I love my truck as its edgier and sportier, but this thing is NICCCCCCE!

Edited by Dom_Wren
  • Like 2

Beats my recently bought Vauxhall Zafira, but it does have rain sensing wipers. As a small big car I really like it, would definitely buy another. This is a Zafira 'Design' so the original owner put loads of extras in. Cost me GBP4,000. Would love my old Windstar back though, (or Windbag as they are affectionately known).  

3 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

He gave me a 2017 F150 platinum for a loaner.....HOLY SMOKES, this thing is like a damn Rolls!!

quiet ride despite V8, captains leather chairs heated and cooled, electronic running board that comes out, double sunroof, automatic main beam on/off, rain sensing wipers.

and there's also enough room for Lonnie , Mountain man and Toothless man in the back

• Like 1

On 01/02/2017 at 13:40, Dom_Wren said:

That is a nice truck! I really want to get one myself because I just prefer them to regular cars, but, I don't really have a job that requires me to use one and as such isn't a viable option for travel :( muhhhhhhhhh

17 hours ago, Tayls said:

That is a nice truck! I really want to get one myself because I just prefer them to regular cars, but, I don't really have a job that requires me to use one and as such isn't a viable option for travel :( muhhhhhhhhh

It really is a lovely piece of machineray. I'd consider one if I ever got rid of my current truck. But they are 60k new!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Getting really frustrated at sorting a new car, everyone seems to be doing their best not to sell me one. Mainly through just not getting back to me, or not even close on price.

Its not being helped by my car has suddenly decided its not going to last much longer or cost pretty much more than its worth, it needs a wheel bearing, suspension arm, cam belt, tyre. So looking to get something with a short lead time as don't really want to be reparing any of those if i can help it.

Drive the deal have been good, its just the wait for a new car isn't ideal, dealers have been useless.

My hazard lights started going off mid drive last night...when I got home and shut the car off, the lights kept going and going. I disabled the battery overnight and when I enabled it today, the lights kept going...anyone ever seen this problem? (2004 Ford Escape).

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Can I get a TT or would I need to cut hair?

thinkng about pushing it out to TTS but the mpg on the normal diesel is 20m better

New ones are very nice.

Wouldn't get one myself, but they are a good looking car.

51 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Can I get a TT or would I need to cut hair?

thinkng about pushing it out to TTS but the mpg on the normal diesel is 20m better

However the diesel kills 1 person more per mile so swings and roundabouts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â