What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

Qashqai - its like the Emperors new clothes. Everyone seems to have one and they seem very expensive for what is effectively a sit up and beg Nissan.

The Juke is another one.

Maybe I just don't get it! 

On 28 April 2016 at 21:07, Meath_Villan said:

Looking at a qashqai 1.6 petrol after been looking for a "bigger" car for the last two months .....road tax is high (but the same as we are paying now) Mpg is obviously lower than the diesel engine but surely would work out better for the short school runs etc in the town than the diesel bora I have now 

anyone have one or reviews ? 

My Mrs has had the Qashai and the smaller Juke and loved them both. In a Vauxhall Mokka now and loves that too

As Stevo said though get a new one. 

How much is a 2010 model going to cost you with, servicing, tax etc?

You can lease them for less than £200 a month and that's brand new top spec. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mazda_2_230615(26).jpgI love my car, because I haven't seen a single one the same. It's a Mazda 2 black edition. I paid a little more that a fiesta or corsa but the "unique" factor is worth it.

Edited by Ryan.
Picture

@Xela I never told you but the 8 Series got wrecked in some pretty bad floods we had over here (yep, floods in Dubai). The workshop (think small lock-up style) that it was in got flooded. They were doing the interior which had just been taken to bits, with wiring loom hanging out, before the water came in. Anyway, got pretty much what I put into it back in the insurance so may try for another at some point.

Sent the Ferrari 355 on to someone with more time and deeper pockets too. Made a bit of a loss on it, but I had definitely bitten off more than I could chew. Lack of history on the car would probably have made it hard to shift later down the line, so probably wise to let it go now.

Anyway, it means there's space in the garage again and I have my eye on a couple of things. One is bizarrely enough a FIAT 500 Abarth to whizz around in. Drove one the other day and it was fooking brilliant. Think I'll try and pick up a used one if I see a good 'un with manual shift. Plus I'll be able to put it in the back of the truck if it break down!

To go alongside that all my sensibility tell me to get another 911 - find a nice 2014/15 model - but then I saw this for sale for the same price :

main.jpeg

main.jpeg

Dodge Challenger Hellcat with 707 bhp! :o 

Think I need to lie down and have a long word with myself.

• Like 1

I used to have an Amarth 695 competizione, a lot of people will uptake the piss but it's such a fun car, 0-60 in about 7 seconds, other twin something daft there isn't going to be much that beats it coming round a corner, off an island it just throws itself round and it's gone, it's a great litter car

Shit when you got to idea for a wardrobe though

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I used to have an Amarth 695 competizione, a lot of people will uptake the piss but it's such a fun car, 0-60 in about 7 seconds, other twin something daft there isn't going to be much that beats it coming round a corner, off an island it just throws itself round and it's gone, it's a great litter car

Shit when you got to idea for a wardrobe though

The 695 is mint! Exactly what I'd be after. :thumb: 

They're quite rare over here as people tend to favour their bigger cars, but I'll search around for a good one.

With the truck alongside, boot space isn't much of an issue. ;)

10 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

@Xela I never told you but the 8 Series got wrecked in some pretty bad floods we had over here (yep, floods in Dubai). The workshop (think small lock-up style) that it was in got flooded. They were doing the interior which had just been taken to bits, with wiring loom hanging out, before the water came in. Anyway, got pretty much what I put into it back in the insurance so may try for another at some point.

Sent the Ferrari 355 on to someone with more time and deeper pockets too. Made a bit of a loss on it, but I had definitely bitten off more than I could chew. Lack of history on the car would probably have made it hard to shift later down the line, so probably wise to let it go now.

Anyway, it means there's space in the garage again and I have my eye on a couple of things. One is bizarrely enough a FIAT 500 Abarth to whizz around in. Drove one the other day and it was fooking brilliant. Think I'll try and pick up a used one if I see a good 'un with manual shift. Plus I'll be able to put it in the back of the truck if it break down!

To go alongside that all my sensibility tell me to get another 911 - find a nice 2014/15 model - but then I saw this for sale for the same price :

main.jpeg

main.jpeg

Dodge Challenger Hellcat with 707 bhp! :o 

Think I need to lie down and have a long word with myself.

Do it! My 911 is due to be replaced in a couple of months. As fun as it is to drive, I won't be getting another one.  Too many little annoying problems with it. 

• Like 1

That's interesting @Risso as I never had a problem with my old C4S, but was looking at a 991 Carrera S or 4S this time around. Actually, seriously considered the Cayman GT4 too, but then I saw the Hellcat.

Roads over here are pretty wide and straight, plus fuel is cheap, and there's something about a big V8 with lots of horses in toe.

What do you think you'll go for next? I remember you looked at the F-Type before. A mate has a V6S Coupe and loves it, but the depreciation is pretty fierce.  

@StanBalaban Love the new car! Always loved american muscles cars and always thought id get one.

I am actually in the middle of getting a new car and Mustang have just started doing RHD so ideal timing but it just doesnt work for me. I live on a very busy/tight London street and need to be able to fit 4 grown adults in the car. Was still very tempted.

Have a Mercedes A45 AMG on order now. (0.5m shorter and there is leg room in back). To be honest, looking forward to the Merc alot so it is definitely the right move. I may regret adding the spoiler, which is not usually my thing, but just think it makes the car look so much nicer.

51 minutes ago, Risso said:

Dunno Stan. Have got the Range Rover Sport as sensible family carrier, so might go for something daft. 

Well if you're thinking of going the Aston route, a colleague of mine has an Virage Volante (sat between the DB9 and DBS)  and it's given him nothing but ball ache. Bought it with 2,000 kms on the clock and by 4k he's had transmission failure as well as lots of little electrical gremlins. Having said that, another friend has a Vantage V8 that he used as a daily driver for the last 2 years and it's been perfect for him.

Have you looked at the Merc AMG GT? One of our insurance partners from the IOM arranged a driving weekend with the GT and I have to say it was brilliant. A proper muscly beast.

12 minutes ago, zak said:

@StanBalaban Love the new car! Always loved american muscles cars and always thought id get one.

I am actually in the middle of getting a new car and Mustang have just started doing RHD so ideal timing but it just doesnt work for me. I live on a very busy/tight London street and need to be able to fit 4 grown adults in the car. Was still very tempted.

Have a Mercedes A45 AMG on order now. (0.5m shorter and there is leg room in back). To be honest, looking forward to the Merc alot so it is definitely the right move. I may regret adding the spoiler, which is not usually my thing, but just think it makes the car look so much nicer.

Thanks Zak, but that's not mine (yet), just something I'm looking at getting over the summer along with the 500 Abarth.

The A45 is a hell of a car that easily tears it's rivals a new one. Think you've made the right choice in London over the Mustang. :thumb:

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Thanks Zak, but that's not mine (yet), just something I'm looking at getting over the summer along with the 500 Abarth.

The A45 is a hell of a car that easily tears it's rivals a new one. Think you've made the right choice in London over the Mustang. :thumb:

Oh yeah, i am pretty sure i have. I am actually borrowing my dads m235i, as he wanted me to buy it, which is also fantastic and for me a  better drive than the merc. Not enough though.

Basically i think the merc is the nicest/most fun car i can drive where i wouldnt have an issue driving for 3 hours with 3 other 6ft people in it and is also easy to park on small on street parking spaces.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Well if you're thinking of going the Aston route, a colleague of mine has an Virage Volante (sat between the DB9 and DBS)  and it's given him nothing but ball ache. Bought it with 2,000 kms on the clock and by 4k he's had transmission failure as well as lots of little electrical gremlins. Having said that, another friend has a Vantage V8 that he used as a daily driver for the last 2 years and it's been perfect for him.

Have you looked at the Merc AMG GT? One of our insurance partners from the IOM arranged a driving weekend with the GT and I have to say it was brilliant. A proper muscly beast.

It does need to have something approaching a back seat though, which is why I went for the 911 Carrera 4S.  Occasionally I need to take the two older kids in it.

1 hour ago, Risso said:

It does need to have something approaching a back seat though, which is why I went for the 911 Carrera 4S.  Occasionally I need to take the two older kids in it.

Hmmm, outside of the 911 there's not too many immediate choice. Maserati GT, but hardly famed for reliability. Plus both Bentley Continental V8 and Ferrari California T command a significant extra premium.

I'm sure you'll have fun shopping around though. :) 

Â